Software
Houzz Logo Print
kyjo_gw

what is this color?

14 years ago

I recently purchased the Patch plaid quilt from Pottery Barn Teen for my 8 year old sons room.On the website they show a room with taupey brown walls with a red stripe. I called Pottery Barn on two occasions and they do not know what this color is.They said that not all of the rooms are BM paint and that sometimes the pictures are shot in peoples houses so there is no way to know the color.I would have taken a picture with me to a paint store but its only on their website.I am so frustrated because I purchased this quilt so I could have his room look like this. I thought the paint color was BM Alexandria Beige but I am not so sure.Does anyone know what this color could be?I am having trouble posting a link.

Comments (14)

  • 14 years ago

    Based on your description, I think this is the link you wanted to post.

    You wouldn't want to just take the quilt to a Ben Moore store and find a brown that blends nicely with it?

    Here is a link that might be useful: Patch Plaid Quilt & Sham

  • 14 years ago

    My Benjamin Moore store is about 30-40 minutes away and it is just guys who fill paint contractors orders. They are located in a commercial type hardware store and are clueless regarding colors believe me I've tried. For the past few months there has been road construction on my way to the BM store(taking over an hour) so I have been ordering my BM paint from myperfectcolors.Yes that is the quilt and the link. Thanks so much for posting!

  • 14 years ago

    I forgot to mention that when I ordered the quilt I had asked the customer service rep what the color of the room was and he said BM raisin.Well I ordered a sample pot of Raisin and there is no way that is the same color. So I called back today and got the above mentioned response.

  • 14 years ago

    I happen to have the PB Fall & WInter 2011 Ben Moore Paint Color palette here, and It looks like AF-80, Jute, to me.

  • 14 years ago

    Thanks bestyears but I am trying to find the color of the brown room with a red stripe around the top of the room. It is shown under the shown link with the same bedding.

  • 14 years ago

    kyjo,

    Could the brown in question be BM davenport tan? I found a Pottery Barn 2008 palette on this link that shows davenport tan and geranium red, which resemble the brown and red in your photo:

    Here is a link that might be useful: PB 2008 Palette

  • 14 years ago

    oops sorry! It looks closest to Whitall Brown HC-69 in my color book .

  • 14 years ago

    Thanks soouthernfrenchie and bestyears. I'll check out both Davenport Tan and Whitall Brown.I already had a sample of Alexandria Beige which is a lighter version of Davenport tan but I am seeing green in it for some reason.Maybe the Davenport reads different.

  • 14 years ago

    I think this pic has been photo shopped. As I was just studying it I noticed that between the windows there is a small strip that looks like a different color. More of a warm brown than taupe. The wall with the lamp looks taupe not at all warm.I wonder if thats the wall color and they photo shopped it darker for the shoot? Its weird or maybe its just my monitor.

  • 14 years ago

    Monitors, the change in resolution or manipulation of a photos clarity in programs like Photoshop will distort colors, so it will be really hard to get the exact same color in the photo. That doesn't mean you can't find something similar but I think you're wasting a lot of effort on trying to match it exactly.

  • 14 years ago

    Looks like BM Carob, to me.

  • 14 years ago

    If you wanted to go Sherwin Williams, looks close to Nuthatch 6088 or Grounded 6089.

  • 14 years ago

    Thanks so much judiegal and randita.Is BM Carob different than BM ALexandria Beige? It looks the same on my monitor? But its probably my monitor? My problem with Sherwin Williams is the paint finish is too shiny for me.I like a matte finish and even SW low luster seems like a satin.But I could get Nuthatch or Grounded mixed if needed.I think I'll go get an actual sample at the SW paint store.They are only 20 minutes away.

  • 14 years ago

    Sorry judiegal I was looking at BM Cabot Trail for some reason. I found Carob and is different than Alexandria Beige.