Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
txmarti

How are you doing Loretta?

TxMarti
13 years ago

You haven't been around much lately. Hope you are ok.

Comments (5)

• User
    13 years ago

Marti, I got an email through her account today,, and it was a hacker. She may be having computer issues. I did not recognize any GWeb names among others receiving the email.

Yeah, I miss her too. And also Kiki with the California cottage. And a few others too. Blessings to all of them, hope they are doing okay.

• TxMarti
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I got one too with no subject and didn't open it. I miss Kiki too. She's probably working on that house.

• idie2live
    13 years ago

Hi Marta and ML. I just checked my email account and deleted all of the folders and contacts. I only use that account for things like online subscriptions, forums, etc.
    I had a couple of suspicious emails which I did not open. If you see anything from me, it is bogus!

I have not been around much - thanks to ML! Many times when You post, ML, you reccomend books to read. I used to be a dedicated reader, but I have slowly allowed the computer to take over my free time! (I love computer games).
    Anyway, I decided to go to the library and check out some books. Since I have slightly compulsive tendecies, I am now spending all of my free time reading once again! I've probably read close to 100 books over the last 21/2 months. Overkill, I know, but I tend to devote my full attention to things that interest me. But then I've always been a 'bodice-ripper' junkie.
    I'm still checking in, just not as often.

• User
    13 years ago

BWAHAHAHAHAAH.
    Bodice ripper junkie!!!!
    I know exactly where you go at the library, Loretta!
    I suppose I shot myself in the foot by recommending books to a real reader, but at least we have not lost you entirely.

If you find any really good books, send us the titles....and, like my friends in middle school, be sure to ATTACH THE LIST OF GOOD PAGES TO READ.

In case I have not mentioned it yet, I was very impressed by Timothy Egan's book, THE WORST HARD TIME, which recounted the stories of the dust bowl. That ate out the heart of our country, and now we stand poised to once again face something similar as we squander our water resources and create global warming. I'm currently starting another of Egan's books, THE BIG BURN: TEDDY ROOSEVELT AND THE FIRE THAT SAVED AMERICA....a huge fire in 1910 that lit up Idaho and Montana. More later about that, just starting it now.

I'm also holding another book to read after I finish my sewing projects: A BOYHOOD IN THE DUST BOWL 1926-1934, by ROBERT ALLEN RUTLAND, introduction by Tony Hillerman. That one is a mere slip of a book, I expect its contents to sound familiar to me. My uncles from north Alabama were hired to work CCC out in Oklahoma and Nebraska on restoration projects, and I've read their letters from there, seen the photos they took, all of which my grandmother kept. She was taking care of the two young sons they left back home with her, my eldest cousins. It is like reading family history, the stories of the dust bowl.

• Shades_of_idaho
    13 years ago

I have forgotten to come over here.

Loretta I am glad you are just reading and enjoying it. Am I the only one that does not know what a bodice ripper junkie is?? I even asked my husband and he has no clue.

ROFLMBO And when I googled it to see if there was some thing there the first post was THIS ONE. I am howling!!!! Now I know. Hehehehehe