Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shelly_k_gw

Kohler Simplice -- please comment if you have one

shelly_k
13 years ago

Hi, I need to pick a main kitchen faucet ASAP! Funny how all these last minute decisions creep up on you!

Anyway, I was thinking Delta Pilar, but now I really like the look of the Kohler Simplice. Reviews seem good online, but wanted to hear some first hand experience from any of you.

I like the more contemporary sleek design, pull-down, optional soap dispenser. The Simplice seems like a great fit for what I'm looking for.

Comments anyone? Thanks!!!!!

Comments (8)

• joep_2009
    13 years ago

It's higher compared to our old faucet. We get a lot more splash on the countertops.

• rhome410
    13 years ago

We've been in our house for over 2 years and love our Simplice. I got a different faucet for the prep sink, which is OK, but if I had it to do over, there would be a Simplice in each spot. The only reason there is ever splashes, I admit, is user-error in our case...Holding things up too high in the stream just because the faucet itself is higher. I like the spray option (which our prep sink faucet doesn't have), that it will stay on if you want it to, and also the pause button, which I didn't even realize it had until after we'd had it a year! Also, the head always returns nicely into place after pulling it down. We have a different soap dispenser, so can't speak to the one that might come with a Simplice.

• lauriec
    13 years ago

hi, i have one, love it and i agonized over which faucet, was it too tall etc. very happy i got it, here is a pix

• eks6426
    13 years ago

I have 2 Kohler Simplices. I have the regular size at my main sink and the slightly smaller version at my prep sink. They both work very well. I do find they splash a lot more--especially on spray. It is hard to get used to washing my hands lower in the sink. I also found that I get the area under the turn on/off lever wet. With an undermount sink, that water from my hands tends to spread on the counter top unless I wipe it up. Love the pull-out although you do have to manually remember to "dock" it but once it is docked, it stays in place. I have the brushed version. It definitely shows finger prints and such which I don't love.

All in all, I'm happy with the choice, especially for the money.

• mnzinnia
    13 years ago

We put one in an "update to sell" situation along with a deep new stainless sink and granite counters. My husband, the kitchen clean up guy, likes it so much he wants one in the new house. He especially likes the pullout and how well it works. I like the sleek look and find the soap dispenser very handy--keeps the clutter off the counter. I can see how it could splash in a shallower sink--so keep that in mind as you make your choice. Ours is 10" deep (w counter).

• dyno
    13 years ago

I got 2 for my kitchen. They look nice in the box.

You can find them on Ebay in the $140 range including matching soap dispenser. Be aware the smaller model meant for secondary sink usually has a higher selling price.

• sclee
    13 years ago

I was going to get the Simplice for my new sink (Blanco Silgranit). My friend had one in their new kitchen, and when I tried it I noticed a LOT of splashing. So, I decided to go with the Grohe Ladylux Cafe. Guess what? I get lots of splashing too and my sink is deep (10")!!! I used to have a pull out and did not have any problems. Now I just pull down the faucet and let it hang down to minimize splashing. Love the look!

• shelly_k
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Wow, the faucet does look higher than I imagined from the pictures online. Some of you say splashing and others say it's fine. I have a 10 inch deep sink.

Splashing aside, I LOVE the look. I wonder how much the "potential" splashing might annoy me? Seems like I've read some splashing issues with the Pilar too?

I like the features of the Simplice too, except it doesn't have the "touch" control that the Pilar has.

Well, I'm leaning toward the Simplice...