Software
Houzz Logo Print
lyndalu_gw

New trio of pots

18 years ago

I finished the 2nd and 3rd of my new trio of pots. The size of the pots are 15 inches, 12 inches, and 9 inches tall. I think they look prettier in person -maybe because the purples donÂt photograph that well. The dark vitreous tiles are a grape color  but look black in the photos. These are mosaicked with broken china and vitreous tiles. The pots are terracotta  I painted the smallest one  where the pot shows  to match the grout.

Wish I was as fast as some of you  those "look what I did this WEEK" posts are getting to me. My post should be "look what I did the last couple of MONTHS". LOL

Pot #2



Pot #3



And the trio:

Comments (26)

  • 18 years ago

    WOW Lundalu I LOVE your style!!! Swooning over your color choice. I am shifting from greens to turquoise and purples in my likes. These post are just STUNNING and so nicely done.

    Chris

  • 18 years ago

    Such pretty colors lyndalu.....Really nice designs too.
    Are they for that pool area I see?

    Hazie

  • 18 years ago

    EXTRAORDINARY!!!! wow... well we know who will be next up at :make mine mosaic!" uh huh! they're STUNNING I love the colors and as useual - the workmanship is tops

  • 18 years ago

    Lyndalu, WOW, Just BEAUTIFUL!!! I love your choice of colors and designs! Love them all!

  • 18 years ago

    Oh, you're the one that made that beautiful vase in the background. WOW! your pots are very, very pretty. Love those colors. Did you mosaic the inside of the pool too? I see some mosaic in there. And I see green trees, awww, must not be Colorado.
    Great job!
    Bianchi

  • 18 years ago

    Awesome colors and designs.

  • 18 years ago

    you do the prettiest work using broken china. I see why I didn't keep using it - my work always looked really childish. Love your colors, reminds me of the beach.

  • 18 years ago

    You might not be happy with your work speed, but I hope you are happy with your product. These are great! I especially like the scalloped one where you left the top untiled.

  • 18 years ago

    Your pots are beautimous and I would be thrilled to have some half that pretty around here :-)

    Hon - don't be discouraged by the speed thing. We all work at our own pace - which coincidentally is exactly right for us! I'm one of the lucky ones whose kids are mostly grown and can play to my hearts content, but if I'd gotten into this 10 years ago I *might* have been able to complete one project every six months! lol Different seasons of our lives and all that stuff :-)

    As it is, right now I'm slammed at work and doubt I'll be able to play with glass for a few weeks at least ... I'm going through withdrawals and living vicariously through you all!

  • 18 years ago

    I think they are beautiful and very professional looking.
    Your speed is great, I am just now getting around to cutting up the dishes I got that I showed you, Maybe I can finally start on the two urns next week. I have been busy trying to get my backsplash grouted, It is really slow going as I have to lean over the counter and sometimes stand on my head to do it. Nice work. Love them.

  • 18 years ago

    Those are gorgeous ! Beautiful colors and pattern.

    ( Yeah, look at those green leaves !! And is that a 20 foot tall mosaic vase in the background?)

  • 18 years ago

    You guys really know how to make my day!!

    LOL - meadel - OMG - that vase DOES look 20 foot tall in the picture, doesn't it. Too funny. Good thing it wasn't, or I'd STILL be working on it. It's 5 feet tall - which is the biggest thing I've done.

    Flagtruck - thank you, and I'm anxious to see your urns. And your poor aching back - leaning over the counter working on your backsplash. But it sure is gorgeous!

    Icheer - thanks for your encouragement about the "speed thing". :)

    andrea - thank you - I got the "inspiration" on leaving part of the pot showing from ba1je - She did her watering can for the challenge that way - and I thought it was beautiful - so I "borrowed" the idea from her (thanks again!)

    sirius - thank you for your very generous compliment.

    gretch, d3bbi, NT, shades- thank you SO much.

    bianchi - thanks - yeah, it's always green here - southwest Florida. No, I didn't do the pool mosaic - but the design and colors do blend pretty good with a lot of my stuff.

    hazie - thank you - and yeah, these pots will be for the pool area.

  • 18 years ago

    The pots are beautiful!! So is all the grrenery in the backround

    Maria

  • 18 years ago

    Your pots are just so great Lyndalu!!! I love how you combine everything. That urn in the background is divine!!!! Love the mix of colors.

    I also am one of those mosaicers that goes at a slower pace, its just the way I am...which is funny cause on most other things Im in hyper-mode!!!

    Again they are awesome looking...your mixing the colors so well!!

  • 18 years ago

    Yep, perfection as usual! I am always floored by your pots.
    I love the colors on these, and such PERFECT grout too!
    Don't think about speed, think about the quality of your work!

  • 18 years ago

    You keep this up and you'll have that pool totally surrounded and have to start on mosaicing the walls!!!
    WOW! I forgot about that HUGE URN, 5ft?! Well, yank my tailfeathers out and call me chicken, I couldn't face that!!! Now back to my peacock....

  • 18 years ago

    Beautiful pot's Lynda...I was just thinking it's about time for you to show us something new.All your things are matched to perfectly in colors and with your pool they are just plain beautiful.Another work of art by Lynda!

  • 18 years ago

    I really like how refreshing they look....like a nice glass of cool water on a hot day!

  • 18 years ago

    Ah those Florida colors and such perfection. Your dishes are obviously a better quality than the ones I use. Mine are very chunky - yours looks so nice and smooth. Your work is so very neat.

  • 18 years ago

    Love the pots & the color combinations. Great job.

  • 18 years ago

    Just love your pots.........your technique and style is so beautiful...........so perfectly blended!

  • 18 years ago

    i love how you leave some of the pot untiled. they are just beautiful...barb

  • 18 years ago

    Really beautiful and unique. Love your designs and colors. I love how you combine the viterous glass tiles and china so each is shown to its best.And, that tremendous 5ft. tall pot, double WOW! I'm getting so much inspiration today for my next outside project.

  • 18 years ago

    Beautiful designs and great color choices!

  • 18 years ago

    This is super inspiring to me! Love them! I have a bunch of herb pots I wanted to mosaic to give as random gifts for my friends and now I wanna get at em!

  • 18 years ago

    Beautiful pots, Lynda! Love the colors.. and your flowing patterns! So SO pretty! One day... I want to do some pots, too. So MANY things to look forward to!
    Again... love your work!
    Katie

Sponsored