Software
Houzz Logo Print
singerslew

Question about shade length for french doors

15 years ago

Hi all, it's been a while since I've posted....

I was wondering what you would do about this dilemma: in my morning room I have faux french doors (one opens and one is stationary). For most of the summer months the sun beats down through those doors and blinds us all at the dinner table. We want to put some sort of shade to keep the setting sun out of our faces. DH and I found a custom order natural woven roman shade by Levolor that we love. It also has a built-in valance at the top. Since we know we only want the shades down for one meal 4 months out of the year, we were wondering if it was worth going the full length of the window. The shades will be up 90 % of the time, and we are concerned about the material bunching at the top underneath the valance. Would it be strange to go only half the window length? We are not too concerned about privacy since our neighbors can only see us eating when they are doing their dishes. What do ya'll think?

The shade is rum raisin and will be lined:

Here is a link that might be useful: levolor rum raisin

Comments (6)