Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cjhammes

shelf

cjhammes
11 years ago
Where is the shelf above the cooktop from?
Classical Kitchen · More Info

Comments (5)

• subeeskitchen
    11 years ago
    It's a Danvers floating stainless shelf (ordered online)
  • schepke
    11 years ago
    I'm getting ready to order this shelf online...absolutely love the look and function. Any words of wisdom before I do? What distance do you recommend for the shelf to hang above the range as well as the distance between the shelf and hood? Lots of people have tried to talk me out of having a shelf, but the convenience is so important in my mind. Thanks!
  • subeeskitchen
    11 years ago
    We placed the shelf so that the top is 25" above the cooktop. and 11.5" from the bottom of the hood. If you have abutting cabinets like I do, make sure the measurement between them is exact (also make sure you really trust the person installing the shelf!) Also, keep in mind that the shelf blocks some light from the hood; this doesn't bother me because I have 8 burners, so the back ones are used more for cooling/simmering/storing pots. Finally, make sure you get a good hood fan/blower. Someone on this site was very concerned about the shelf impeding hood function; I haven't had any issues, but a) I don't grill indoors, and b) my Pro-Line hood/blower can handle it. Good luck!
  • Megan McLeod
    10 years ago
    i have looked at the proline site but do not see the shelf - where can I look for the shelf and what is the paint colour on the walls please?
  • sbrickles
    6 years ago

The shelf is from Danver, not Proline. Danver makes a floating steel shelf 10" deep, 2.5" high