Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
becky_ia

Mosaic Boot

becky_ia
11 years ago

This is a cement boot I just finished mosaicking after working on it for quite awhile. And it was the first thing to sell at my annual Christmas Open House last Saturday morning! Sorta sad to see it go, but happy for the sale.

Comments (17)

• silvamae
    11 years ago

Wow, it is striking! Not surprised it sold.

• ohtobedone
    11 years ago

Awesome as always! Do you have more pictures from your sale?

• nicethyme
    11 years ago

its fantastic

• wackyweeder
    11 years ago

Very Pretty!

• cathyscache
    11 years ago

WOW!! It's gorgeous!!!!!! Love it!!!

• silvamae
    11 years ago

I would love to hear about the process. It's a real boot, isn't it? Did you cover a real boot with concrete?

• texaswild
    11 years ago

That is FABULOUS. Love your colors and the ball chain. Wish that stuff wasn't so expensive.

SILVA: They have concrete boots in the garden section of Lowes. W/save a heap of trouble preparing a real boot for mosaics.

• Calamity_J
    11 years ago

LOVELY!!! Ball chain just works so well for this!!!!

• becky_ia
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Slow...you are so correct! This is a cement boot I bought at a statuary place. And I used about 15 feet of ball chain! I order an entire roll of it from Ace Hardware and he sells it to me a little above cost. (Told him I could order it over the internet, but preferred to buy locally and would he sell it to me for the same cost. Worked!) I have about 15 hours of time into the boot but it was so much fun to do and I loved how it turned out.

• nanatricia
    11 years ago

OH!!!! Yes that is just to cool!!!!

• texaswild
    11 years ago

Oh, thank you for that, BECKY. We have an Ace H. here. Gonna check it out to see if I can get the same deal. Where had you seen it on the net? Chris Emmert on Flickr uses miles of it and she posted a website for all sizes - link follows. I find it terribly expensive, and have resisted ordering it. It really does dress up a project. I was using BBs for a long time, but I can't find them copper coated anymore, and placing them one at a time was tedious. What size did you order?
    Ball Chain Source

• silvamae
    11 years ago

Slow, will you check this out and tell me how the prices compare? I am interested in the black enamel-coated ones.

Here is a link that might be useful: McMaster Carr ball chain online

• texaswild
    11 years ago

SILVA: Mark down the ones you are interested in buying, look on the link I posted, then on your link and compare. I'm so tired right now I barely know what day it is.

• loribee2
    11 years ago

WOW that is an amazing piece of art! I'm not surprised it didn't last long. I know a couple of friends who would have killed for it. Gorgeous work!

• cathyscache
    11 years ago

Wow it is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    11 years ago

Becky, that is simply stunning!!! You are an inspiration!!

• Rona007
    11 years ago

That is absolutely beautiful! Great job.

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor