Software
Houzz Logo Print
kimsig

A little off topic

13 years ago

This is a little off topic, but I'm kind of curious where all these kitchen remodels are happening, as in where are we all from? I am in Western Washington state, about 30 miles south of Seattle. It seems like there are more people from the east and Canada then from this side of the country!

Comments (150)

  • 13 years ago

    Middle Tennessee represented!

  • 13 years ago

    Joaniepoanie- my oldest got his bachelor's from OSU so we were there too! Three generations of Buckeyes in my family- Dad, Mom, DH, me and now Son #1! Congrats to your daughter!

  • 13 years ago

    Suburb north of Houston -- as usual, hot & muggy! Mama_goose, my late husband was from southern Ohio, across the Ohio River from Huntington, WVA. We lived in Columbus the first five years of our marriage. Love you Buckeyes!

  • 13 years ago

    Alabama....War Eagle ! My reno was completed 7 years ago but I still enjoy watching others on their quest for a great and useful kitchen. I also love to share food and answer questions.

    What a wonderfully diverse group...just like the other times we have had these threads. There are pockets of folks from the same areas and then a broad representation. Hello to GA folks...I am right on the border. ( grew up in New Orleans...Go Saints!) c

  • 13 years ago

    Alabama....War Eagle ! My reno was completed 7 years ago but I still enjoy watching others on their quest for a great and useful kitchen. I also love to share food and answer questions.

    What a wonderfully diverse group...just like the other times we have had these threads. There are pockets of folks from the same areas and then a broad representation. Hello to GA folks...I am right on the border. ( grew up in New Orleans...Go Saints!) c

  • 13 years ago

    Another Washingtonian here. Currently in Bremerton, Wa., west of Seattle, but my heart will always be in the Skagit Valley of Northwestern Washington.

  • 13 years ago

    Good topic; I've always wondered this myself.

    I'm in San Diego originally from NE PA.
    Husband from WI so all you U W fans and alum I'm quite familiar with "Go Badgers!" Dread college football season! :>)

  • 13 years ago

    Portland, Oregon

    Great thread.

    Posting late here on the pacific coast. :-)

  • 13 years ago

    Central FL. I know of three others who have posted also from central FL.

  • 13 years ago

    Just a few miles/ kilometers west of Toronto, Ontario.

  • 13 years ago

    trailrunner...Auburn fan here too, despite living in Ontario!

  • 13 years ago

    Just outside of Buffalo, NY.

  • 13 years ago

    Brooklyn, NY

  • 13 years ago

    ABB on one in central NY, between Syracuse and Albany.
    Hoping someday to get final numbers in Columbus, OH.

  • 13 years ago

    The "Sunshine State" -- Tampa, FL.

  • 13 years ago

    Central coastal New Jersey (Jersey Shore). Grew up in central NY state - Oneida - Hi, chesters_house!

  • 13 years ago

    First from Arizona!?
    At least that's where our NEW kitchen is at. My OLD and everyday kitchen is in So. Calif.

  • 13 years ago

    close to Holly-Kay, South Central PA.

    although previous kitchen reno was outside Philly.

  • 13 years ago

    Another soul in Alabama, but Roll Tide!

  • 13 years ago

    Corgimum--congrats to your son as well....just can't say enough good things about OSU---a huge school, but doesn't feel like it.

    Lucy0214--youngest graduated from MTSU in 2010....cute little college town that Murfreesboro--he enjoyed his time there.

  • 13 years ago

    Ms. Illinois - the Land of Lincoln!

    Lucy and JoaniePoanie - I LOVE MTSU!!! Our dearest friends just moved from Murfreesboro. He was chair of the Psychology Department at MTSU.

  • 13 years ago

    Eldersburg, Maryland

  • 13 years ago

    rural south British Columbia (near the Okanagan)

  • 13 years ago

    Beautiful Columbia, SC.
    Go Gamecocks!

  • 13 years ago

    Beautiful Columbia, SC
    Go Gamecocks!

  • 13 years ago

    Little Rhode Island!

  • 13 years ago

    Wow! I saw a few Michiganders out there! I only indicated Michigan but my handle gives me away. A2 is what the locals call Ann Arbor.
    My kitchen came from a local lumber store but I snagged a few items from around the country.
    Hardware and tile accents from Pennsylvania while visiting DM.
    Tile from California. I tried to find a local source without success.
    So, I feel connected to both coasts. - now, I wish I had a view of the coasts!

  • 13 years ago

    Virginia

  • 13 years ago

    *waving to A2gemini*

    I'm just east of you and my 14 year old son goes to school in A2.

  • 13 years ago

    BlondieSC - My son lived in Aiken for two years and still owns a home there. We LOVE LOVE LOVE the area.

  • 13 years ago

    College Station TX.

    Gig 'em, Ags!

  • 13 years ago

    Chicago suburbs! Go Blackhawks!

  • 13 years ago

    South of Boston, MA.
    MJ

  • 13 years ago

    Motherof3sons - Aiken is about 45 minutes from me. It is a very nice town!

  • 13 years ago

    I'm a Connecticutter....

    Connect-i-cut?

    Connecticutian?

    Connecticutitian?

    Connecticutensian?

    Connecticutite?

    Nutmegger?

    Or as the old joke goes, what do you call someone from Connecticut?

    A commuter....

  • 13 years ago

    Another Wisconsinite here, although I am a Hawkeye at heart!

  • 13 years ago

    Another in the Chicago suburbs here--western 'burbs :)

  • 13 years ago

    Didn't click on this one until now...
    Northern California here.

  • 13 years ago

    I'm in South Carolina.

  • 13 years ago

    I'm a Blue Raider from MTSU as well!! But I love the Jackets and the Dawgs and the Braves!!

  • 13 years ago

    Just north of Charlotte, NC . Used to be in Wickford, RI.

  • 13 years ago

    Near NW Boston suburb....but I was born and raised a Buckeye. My brother works for THE university, but sadly my sister moved away to a2, but we love her anyways ;-)

  • 13 years ago

    Kim and Breezygirl we must be neighbors. I am 70 miles south of Seattle.

  • 13 years ago

    Atherton, Ca (Bay Area)

  • 13 years ago

    The beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota.......

  • 13 years ago

    My kitchen reno is happening in my transplanted home in a suburb of St. Louis (Metro-East=Illinois side)
    My heart is in Almost Heaven, Always Home, West Virginia!
    GOOOOO! MountainEEEERs!

  • 13 years ago

    Highlands Ranch, CO a suburb south of Denver.

  • 13 years ago

    SoCal native here, a couple of small mountain ranges north of LA.

  • 13 years ago

    Charlottesville, Virginia

  • 13 years ago

    Kam--you and I must live soooo close to each other!