Software
Houzz Logo Print
msrose

Vihara backsplash in finally!

13 years ago

Can't believe it's finally done! The funny thing is it doesn't match quite as well as the sample. I couldn't figure out why at first, but then I realized the brown paper on the back of the sample made it appear more gold than it really was. Oh well!

Here is a link that might be useful: Previous post

Comments (22)

  • 13 years ago

    It is stunning, perfect choice. Well worth the wait. Enjoy!

  • 13 years ago

    very different to my eye but the actual is beautiful!

  • 13 years ago

    I think it looks great! To me, the new color really brings out the swirls in the counter.

  • 13 years ago

    I agree - it looks different due to the backing but pretty regardless - I brought this one home but it didn't work for me - but I am so happy it worked for you. Enjoy it for me :-)

  • 13 years ago

    Gorgeous!

  • 13 years ago

    Lovely! It looks fabulous with your granite!

  • 13 years ago

    It does look very different in coloring but still looks good with your counter and ties the sink color in better. Congratulations!

  • 13 years ago

    Your earlier thread inspired me to go and look at this backsplash. It is sooooo pretty. It's not quite the right colors for my application so I'm continuing the search! I know how many samples you went through and how much you agonized over the decision--you definitely made the right choice--it's really beautiful! Congrats!!

  • 13 years ago

    It looks great. I am sure you are happy to have this project done.
    Now, you can walk across the stage and receive your certificate from the ABB club (^_^)

  • 13 years ago

    I think it looks great! How did you end up doing the tiling around the windows?

  • 13 years ago

    Thanks everyone! I'm definitely glad to have this one behind me. Next project...trying to figure out what kind of floors will look good in my kitchen and family room.

    Corgimum - I'll try and take a picture later tonight when the light isn't shining through the windows, but we ended up using the Virhara inside the window and grout around the edges. Did you pick your backsplash yet?

  • 13 years ago

    I think I have found the "one". Samples came the other day but I am out of town so a final color decision will wait. I also have to get a detailed price quote before I commit.

  • 13 years ago

    I think it looks beautiful. I love Vihara tiles.

  • 13 years ago

    It is beautiful, MsRose. I really like the way you've brought everything together.

  • 13 years ago

    I forgot about your windows. Please post a picture so we can see how they turned out.

  • 13 years ago

    Here's a picture of the window.

  • 13 years ago

    beautiful backsplash and matches well with your counters.

    what is your countertop made of and what color?

    thanks

  • 13 years ago

    Your granite and backsplash are stunning!! Great job.

  • 13 years ago

    Gorgeous! Vihara was my second choice since I went with mother of pearl.it's not up yet, I hope I love it as much as this gorgeous bs of yours, it's so hard second guessing all of my choices. Yours looks perfect!

  • 13 years ago

    relsah - My countertop is Taj Mahal. I've been told it's quartizite and I've been told it's granite?

  • 13 years ago

    MS rose, yay! It is so pretty. I will remember the paper backing when I choose mine. So what is next for you? I am hold. Peke

  • 10 years ago

    So glad I found this. I just got Taj Mahal counters and can't figure out my backsplash.