Software
Houzz Logo Print
kidshop

Ticor sink grate question

18 years ago

Finally my sink (s112) was installed and is usable today Yay! I admit i have been obsessing about my sink since the fabricator has had it for 2 months and it was installed, ripped out and been kept in their warehouse forever. I was worried I wouldn't get my exact sink back or that it would be damaged. I didn't see it before they attached it to the counters and it looks ok, but the grate doesn't quite fit. The four outside feet toucjh the bottom, but the four inside ones don't touch. How does your grate fit in the s112. thanks!

Comments (11)

  • 18 years ago

    Mine fits perfectly. Sits very steadily on all its feet. I'm a big fan of the grate: I'd never even heard of such a thing until I started reading this forum.

  • 18 years ago

    I have a Ticor sink and my grid fits like yours does. The inside feet only touch when something with some weight is sitting on it(like a pot filled with water). This doesn't bother me, and hasn't presented any problems in the two months I've had the sink. I think the fact that it fits snuggly without the inside feet touching all the time might actually keep things from getting stuck around or under the feet.

  • 18 years ago

    hmm that's interesting. That's a good point that all the gunk won't collect around the feet. I popped off the black feet and turned them around and it seems to have lowered them a bit. I guess it's not an issue really.

    I LOVE this sink! I was a bit hesitant that it was too deep, but it is perfect...huge...wonderful! I also never heard of a grid before, but I love that too. Now I think sinks look 'naked' w/o one! I chose the kohler Forte faucet and the reach goes from one end to the other like a dream, even w/o pulling out the sprayhead.

  • 18 years ago

    I'd love to know what you think about the Kohler Forte. I'm about to install my S112 and I need to find a great faucet for it!

    Thanks!

  • 18 years ago

    As the proud owner of the Forte for about 36 hours, I really like it! I like the hard toggle switch for the spray or stream and it will stay in either function until you change it. The pull out feels really nice and it re-seats well, the head also will swivel when you click it out of the base (w/o pulling it out at all....I hope that makes sense!) The reach is perfect, in my opinion. In fact I probably could have set it back a bit farther from the sink, the front of mine is 1 inch from the sink edge (the center of the faucet about 2 inches) and it over shoots the center of the drain just a bit. Not a big deal, but something to keep in mind. Now, I will recommend that you purchase Kohler products from a plumbing supply house and not a big box, but I bought mine new in the box from Ebay for $113. For 100 bucks I'll just buy a new one if it breaks LOL! I don't think it's all that pretty of a faucet, but in terms of function it's great and I am very happy with my choice. I read lots of reviews at Amazon.com and they were very positive.

  • 18 years ago

    I'm also going to get a ticor sink and look forward to using the grate. Can any of you comment on the 10in depth of the ticor? I'm 5'9", my boys are 6', and my daughter is 5'5" and still growing. Will this depth be uncomfortable with the additional thickness of my planned 3cm granite countertop? I know there's a new 8" deep model and wonder if this wouldn't be more comfortable for taller users. TIA for your thoughts!

  • 18 years ago

    I am 5foot 1 inch and I love that it is deep. Everyone said I would have a backache. Not true for me.

  • 18 years ago

    I have the s112 and the grates only touch at the four corners. I think it's that way by design.

    I love this sink and everyone who comes over comments on it.

  • 18 years ago

    We have the 10-inch-deep S112 and my husband, who is 6'2", loves it and hasn't complained of any stooping problems. I'm 5'5" and it works well for me.

  • 18 years ago

    I have had the Ticor sink for two months and love it. My grate fits like yours but is not a problem. I am 5'9" with 3cm granite and the depth is fine.

    Beth

  • 18 years ago

    I have been browsing this site for months while I've been redoing my kitchen. I have appreciated all of the info and thank you to kidshop for letting me hijack her question about the ticor. I'll be BACK......