Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pinch_me

under sink trash pull out

pinch_me
14 years ago

I saved someone's picture of a trash pull out that is a wood "top" with holes cut for the waste basket.

According to the forum rules I can't include the photo in this post. The information saved with this photo is:

Camera Model: KODAK DX7440 ZOOJM DIGITAL CAMERA

Date taken: 1/8/2004

adm7wl.jpg

Does anyone recognize this? I'm pretty sure it came from the finished kitchens or it might have been a link from another topic. I'd like to know the cabinet maker so I can include this in my kitchen. Otherwise, my carpenter can make one but ready made would be easier. His eyes are starting to glaze when I preface my comments with, "The people on the kitchen forum say.......".

Comments (13)

• desertsteph
    14 years ago

we can't post other pics? i think others have - I think I have. I don't remember reading that tho...we're not saying they are our pics... just posting and asking a question about them.

• plllog
    14 years ago

Not what you're looking for, but here's mine during installation.

It's basically just a box with cut outs so the trash cans can sit on their lips. I'm pretty sure it just uses standard drawer rails (they're finishing now, so I can't get into the kitchen for a few days to look).

• pinch_me
    Original Author
    14 years ago

thanks, plllog. That's a good idea, too. Maybe later I'll look up how to post pictures and put my saved one on here. I wanted to have the side mount drawer slides because I think it will be easier to keep the bottom of the cupboard clean.Did yours come with your cabinets or did you make them?

• pinch_me
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I couldn't follow all the directions for uploading this photo. There were no choices about message board size. This is the trash pull out I'm looking for. Does anyone claim this picture or know the brand of cabinet?

http://s888.photobucket.com/albums/ac87/pinch_me_2009/

• Buehl
    14 years ago

To post a picture from Photobucket, simply copy the code from the box labeled "HTML Code" into the "Message" box here...

Then, click the "Preview" button and you'll see the picture.

This is the code you will see (without the spaces after & before the angle brackets):

If you're using other people's pictures, I think it's a good idea to at least tell who's picture it is...

• toomuchstuph
    14 years ago

Rev-a-shelf does a number of side mounted trash pullouts. I don't recall seeing any though that have the wood top as you've pictured.

Just out of curiosity - is there a specific reason you want the wood top? Or are you simply looking for something that is side mounted at the top of the cab?

• plllog
    14 years ago

Mine is made by the cabinetmaker. The hardware is Blum.

• User
    14 years ago

Here you go Pinch Me

{{!gwi}}

• pinch_me
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I'm mostly looking for something side mounted. Thought I could have that set up with the second container for extra garbage bags.......I plan to use a bathroom wastebasket under the farm sink. Bathroom wastebaskets are pretty small but it won't be a big deal to take it out every day or two. That's likely all that will fit?? Anyone know? If you have a farm sink, can you measure the door height for me? Maybe I will have to put it somewhere else.

plllog, if I search for Blum hardware I might find this?

I did see one at rev-a-shelf for a hundred bucks. I'm thinking I can make one for a lot less. Unless the drawer slides are more than I think. It does feel good to be down to garbage placement and light fixture refurbishers though!I remember when floor plan #1 looked good. Now I am on either #5 or #6.

• plllog
    14 years ago

No, Blum is the rails, the hardware. The cabinetmaker made the rest (well, I assume he bought the baskets ;) )

Re the sink, I don't think a farm sink hangs any lower than other deep sinks. Mine is something like 10" deep, and you can see in the picture that the baskets just about fit under it. The big problem is the plumbing! Especially if you have a garbage disposal.

• desertsteph
    14 years ago

the one posted here is from circuspeanut's kitchen. I usually forget to label with the name of person from here when I copy to my idea folder ... i usually do manage a 'gw' for a name on it tho.

this one i included the url on it, so i looked it up.

i want an under sink bin with a lid. found a few - am looking at this one. i only need a very small one also. I'd want to take it out at least every 2 days. lid because of dog. try to keep her from smelling anything and attacking the door!

• desertsteph
    14 years ago

plllog - is that a whole bottom slide out under your sink? what a great idea!

here's an under sink bin w/lid
    http://www.kitchen-cabinet-hardware.com/organizers/28qt-3-4-extension-trash-can-_WLD-RV-12-PB-L.php

• plllog
    14 years ago

Desert, I can't take the credit! I saw a kitchen here with a door mounted pull out which I thought was terrific. My cabinetmaker thought that this would be better because of the plumbing, etc., and I saw his point. I hate mucking around under the sink looking for brushes and sponges, or whatever. I hope the pullout fixes that!