0

Do you like your Viscont White granite counters?

nyurcisin
September 23, 2013

Like so many others, I lust over Calcutta gold marble but budget simply won't allow that as an option :( We're looking at granites and of course, nothing is really close to the marble. The only thing I saw that I didn't hate was called Viscont White.

Does anyone out there have this in their kitchen? Are you happy with it? We chose brushed black pearl for the perimeter counters (white shaker cabs) and want the 'marble' look for the island (espresso shaker cabs).

Would love to see your pics, too. Anyone else with marble-envy please feel free to chime in ;)

• azvab

OMGosh...sooo beautiful. Love love love those slabs!!

• Sean Adams

Thank you so much azvab

• Sean Adams

For those wondering about bathrooms....

• Miranda33

That granite is gorgeous Sean Adams!

• pattyelder

Love your Kitchen and Bath, enjoy :)

• Sean Adams

Thanks Patty, do you have a picture of your bathroom as well?

• Synne Wing

We just had our VW installed today. I, like many others love the look of marble with white cabinets but after much research went with the granite because of its durability. So happy with it.

• pattyelder

Love it!

• Karen Crites

I just bought these two slabs of Viscon White Light. I can't wait to see it in my traditional kitchen with white raised panel cabinets. I'll share more pics when we finish our Harvey flooded home.

• Ancil Mathew John

What are yall's thoughts on VW with white cabinets? We have a dark wood tile floor in the kitchen.

• pattyelder

I love mine with the white cabinets - I have black on the island but white every where else and I love it.

• Elaine Wilkes

We put Viscount White granite in our cottage kitchen and we love it. It has such a natural swirl to it that keeps it interesting yet neutral. We went with a marble herringbone backsplash and the grays compliment one another beautifully.

The Viscount White is my favourite granite out there.

• Karen Crites

I need a little help frim you VW lovers... I'm looking for a granite or quartz composite sink, but due to chronic pain issues, I have to do it online. What sink color did you use? I want to avoid warm grey tones, since my Viscon White Light is definitely cool grey tones. Thanks in advance. Any help is greatly appreciated!

• Synne Wing
    Karen- we went with a stainless apron sink with our Viscount White and White Cabinets. I love it.
  • Elaine Wilkes

I did the stainless route too. A stone sink wasn't in our budget.

• Karen Crites

Thanks for your help! Lol, since my Harvey flood repairs budget was blown months ago, I decided to go with a composite sink. I chose an Elkay sink in "Graystone". I was thrilled to see the cool gray is a perfect match for the grays in my VW Light granite! With their color matched drains to boot! I'm looking forward to showing you all my finished kitchen pics soon!!

• Kim Deberry

I have so enjoyed reading this thread and opinions! I'm immediately drawn to marble, but I was too afraid of staining and it not being as heat resistant. Our builder was trying to talk me into going with Fantasy Brown because of the price point (it's much cheaper), but upon researching it, I told him it was marble with some quartz running through it. He didn't believe me, but maybe he will now after our visit to the granite yard confirmed that. I too went with the VW. It had the closest appearance to marble out of any granite they had, beside some slabs that were too brown. I'm over brown, I want to go with a more modern scheme. We're doing white shaker, stained black (for the center island), and a slate shaker in the master. I wanted to do a happy dance after we found this granite! These decisions for things for the house have been stressful (as all of you know that have gone through it), but I feel like we might finally be getting there! I want to do it right the first time!

• Toni Hibbs

We picked our slabs this week.

In love with the viscount white! Will show pics once installed!

• Shannon_WI

@Toni Hibbs - stunning!

• Bes

Just found my Viscount!!! Love it!

• Karen Crites

Gorgeous! You're gonna love it!

• sabrinatx

We picked out our viscont white yesterday. Dummy me was so excited I forgot to take picture! LOL. It's really light but oh so pretty!

• joseph ware

This is our VW counters in our newly renovated kitchen

• pattyelder

Love it!

• Kelly Rummins
    This thread inspired me 3 yrs ago and I posted an early install pic. Here is a 3yr later pic. Still loving it. Love how the pattern runs down the waterfall.
  • pattyelder

beautiful!

• karin_mt

swoon!

• sabrinatx

Ours finally got installed! I’m loving it!!! It’s been raining here a lot. I’m hoping all those dark spots will go away when the slab dries.

• Daniel Dodson

We really love our viscount white counters. We installed the in the kitchen and 2 baths.

• Daniel Dodson

Here's the kitchen. Still need to paint the walls lighter. That will make the granite "pop".

• Daniel Dodson

This our half bath. It was a pedestal sink before. All granite was from two slabs.

• Daniel Dodson

The island really stands out with the large dark spot. Our only regret is not doing a full height backsplash with the granite along the stove wall. Otherwise, we are really happy with the look.

• Miranda33

Love your island. It's a good thing you didn't do a full height backsplash in the same granite. It would detract from the beauty because it would become overwhelming. The eye needs a some quiet space or it won't look good. Sometimes you gotta know when to stop gilding the lily.

• Toni Hibbs

Here is our Final pic! In love with how much brighter it is!

• bikertoni

Love it, you did a great job. Enjoy

• Emlen House

We decided on a Tuxedo kitchen with Viscount White counters and full height back splash. So far we love our counters! I think the subtle movement of the back splash and waterfall edge on the island will be the focal highlight of the design. Waiting for the back splash installation...mean time

my husband and I are really happy. Photos of our 2 slabs and of the installed counter tops.

• bikertoni
    Ellen House - looks really good. The wood shelving adds softness to the space thus enhances the design. Are you doing a backsplash?
  • Emlen House

Thanks for the comment Bikertoni. Yes, the full height backsplash in Viscount White should be installed within the next week. Will post photo of the finished project.

• Emlen House

Viscount White - Loving the granite counters and back splash!!!

Viscount White - counters and backsplash in Tuxedo kitchen....loving it!

• pattyelder

Love the waterfall treatment :)

• bikertoni
    Elem OMG the finished kitchen with backsplash and waterfall counter is beautiful. I also live your choice of light over sink. Very unique. Great job
  • Claudia_C Davis

Has anyone done the Visconti white with very light cream shaker cabinets ? I see some cream in it so I’m curious if it would work. Thoughts?

• Cheryl Hannebauer

following...

Just bought ours this week. Looking forward to eeeing them installed with knotty alder cabinets and espresso contempo flooring. Having a time picking out paint... ideas And pics appreciated.

• brykev

Really think we're heading down the right road with the viscon white for our kitchen countertops after seeing your pics here. I really prefer the honed finish though. We've seen it in other stones (like our other contender, Virginia Mist), but not the Viscon White. We're told it will dull the contrast some, but haven't seen a picture or any comments. Anybody tried it?

• Emlen House

Viscon White looks great with off-white or cream and with darker colors. The darker colors like expresso and even brown provide a warm yet chic contrast. The is versatile, its paired with off-white cabinets and a black island in the same kitchen.

• CC
    This is honed...
  • CC
    More pics honed, we've had them for 2 years, love them! They have a nice soft look, second pic is below the window with daylight hitting it. I'm so glad I had them honed.
  • taylor_peng
    Work in progress. IMO the viscon white is perfect for waterfall edges due to the natural movement.
  • Emlen House

Taylor_peng, Looks beautiful over the island with the waterfall!