Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
busybme

I got something for FREE!

busybme
15 years ago

Just wanted to pass this along...

I stumbled across the website for rolloutkitchendrawers.com and saw that they were offering a free sample drawer. It came yesterday and is super nice!

It was packed in a sturdy box that included all hardware and screws, installation instructions and cards for me to hand out to my friends so that they could get free drawers, too.

The sales manager kept me informed via email of when my drawer would ship and it arrived in just a few days.

If you are interested, I have included their link below.

Here's the coupon...for my cyber-friends!

And here's a picture of the drawer and box, as delivered.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rollout Kitchen Drawers

Comments (35)

• monroviamom
    15 years ago

While I LOVE getting something for free just as anybody else does, what do you plan to do with it?

• joanie_b
    15 years ago

Thanks for the link.
    I need a lot of roll outs and as much as I like the SS ones I think they'd be a pain to keep clean.
    These look easier to maintain and the pricing is competitive.
    Is the drawer 'heavy duty' or does it seem flimsy?

• busybme
    Original Author
    15 years ago

monroviamom, we were just looking last night and may use it either in our 24" deep 'liquor cabinet' to make access to bottles stored at the rear, or try it in a different cabinet for our trashcan.

joanie, the glides seem quite sturdy. The body of the drawer is molded plastic so, if you were to exceed the weight limit, that would probably be where it would crack.

We are in our 'before' kitchen and will be doing an upgrade as opposed to a whole remodel when the time comes. So, my cabinets are older and I don't mind experimenting with them and installing a neat gadget like this. I've never had one before and thought it was a great time to try it.

Sandy

• neverdunn
    15 years ago

I see the box says "Made in Canada" - Even better - not made in China

• shwetagarg
    15 years ago

thanks i have ordered mine...i hope there is no catch here?

• Buehl
    15 years ago

I just ordered one as well...ditto Shwetagarg!

Thanks for letting us know Busybme!

• raehelen
    15 years ago

I ordered one too- will try it in my basement vanity or kitchen. Thanks!

• moonkat99
    15 years ago

Interesting - they claim on the website that "Advertising is expensive. Our way of advertising is to send out a FREE 11" drawer..." Capacity is 70 pounds, bottom is steel reinforced.

What they don't tell you is the price of the drawers - couldn't find it anywhere on the web site.

I figure it's worth trying - I can think of several spots in my house where this might be handy. Thanks busybme :)

• moonkat99
    15 years ago

Thanks buehl. I've been having something of a brain-dead day here; not surprising that I completely missed that. I think the letters on the page were too big for me to see. Or something.

• busybme
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I hope there's no 'catch', too. Other than the confirmations that I received before and during shipping, I haven't heard a peep from the company.

And, because of joanie's question regarding sturdiness, I tried to 'flex' the molded plastc drawer and found that I could barely make it move at all, so it is quite sturdy.

Let me know when you get yours and what you think of them.

• sue4993
    15 years ago

Thanks for sharing. Now if I could just find a "free" installer...not something my dh will do happily.

• ma-bookreader
    15 years ago

Thanks so much for posting this!!
    I can't wait to get it and see if we can use this in my new kitchen.

• budgeteer_s
    15 years ago

Just ordered mine. Thanks for sharing busybme! Saved me $$ and trip to Lowe's. Will try to install in the new cab we got last week.

• shwetagarg
    15 years ago

got mine today and it looks great.need to figure out where to put. thanks busybme.

• dawnbc
    15 years ago

Mine also arrived today and I'm really pleased with it. Turns out the company is only an hour or so away from me. The owner emailed and asked if I wanted to pick it up in person. When I phoned to say I wanted it mailed the woman who answered said they were busy. Gee, I wonder why? LOL

• busybme
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Wow! You guys got yours fast! Dawn, that's funny that they actually called you...pretty cool. Hope us Garden Webbers can support them as they seem like a neat company.

Sandy

• Buehl
    15 years ago

Mine left the warehouse Tuesday and left Portland Wednesday...no ETA yet! (I'm on the east coast)

• Buehl
    15 years ago

Correction...ETA is 11/11...that's almost 2 weeks from when I ordered (10/31)!

• busybme
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hmmm. Maybe we're overloading them with freebie requests and that's why yours is taking so long, buehl? Hope it's worth your wait!

Sandy

• moonkat99
    15 years ago

I just got mine, & at the moment I'm thinking it's perfect for my under-the-sink trash can! & I may even order another, wider one, to hold the cleaning supplies in the other half of that cab.

I've been trying to find the perfect trash system - there was no room in the kitchen for trash to have its own cab, & I just haven't found anything to hold the trash can, and fit under the sink along with all of the pipes, etc., until this drawer came along.

I might even rig up one of those holders that pulls the drawer & trash can out when you open the door; I'll have to see if I can make that work.

And btw, it seems to be a very well constructed piece - it's plastic that ain't gonna win no beauty contests, but hey, for hidden functionality it's just fine!

• mfrog
    15 years ago

Received mine today, it was 4 days earlier than the projected delivery & 3 1/2 days after ordering. It is quite sturdy, easy to install. I was worried that you were going to have to deal with side rails. It easily attaches to the bottom shelf, so you do need to have the shelves in, it does NOT replace the shelves.
    You lose about an inch in width but I think it is more than made up for with getting to the back of the cabinet. They are NOT full extension, but stop about 3 inches back.
    I will be ordering 5 more of these.
    Thanks to the original poster for this.

• raehelen
    15 years ago

I rec'd mine today.

Like Dawn, I am close to them, and Brian emailed and asked if I wanted to pick it up. He's quick, by the time I was going to respond, he had already fed-exed it.

Hubby liked it enough to put in kitchen, but we really don't need it anywhere there, so it'll go into the basement kitchen. It's very long- too long for a 22" bathroom vanity. I will definitely pass the company name along to friends and family. I think it would be perfect for a trash or cleaning supply pullout as it is a nice thick plastic. Also, there is a 5 year free replacement (plus S&H), which is a pretty awesome guarantee!

Actually, now I'm thinking I could put it in my potting shed, ummm, lots of places it could go...

• mahatmacat1
    15 years ago

We received ours too. I'm thinking I need at least one more to go on the other side of the sinkbase in the wet bar area...thanks so much for posting this. I wasn't expecting the plastic to be as solid as it is.

• mfrog
    15 years ago

I emailed my feedback to the company today & received an email from the owner stating that they will be having a sale on the drawers until December 31st!
    So if you're putting in an order like I am, you might want to wait until then.

• Buehl
    15 years ago

*sigh* Still an ETA of 11/11...

That's what I get for living on the east coast!

From everyone's comments, they're sounding better & better...especially for an upstairs "builder grade" bathroom! [BA remodeling is a ways off!]

• pickles_ca
    15 years ago

Hi
    I got my FREE drawer delivered earlier this week - thanks for the heads up!
    Now I just have to find a home for it ;)

• berf
    15 years ago

I received mine Monday--haven't installed it yet--we'll get to it this weekend. Buehl, hopefully you have yours by now too-I think we ordered on about the same day.

I also received an email yesterday with a sale announcement through December--so it's the right time to order more!

• moonkat99
    15 years ago

You beat me to it berf - $7.50 off every drawer through December.

I am going to order another for under the sink. :)

• mfrog
    15 years ago

I see they have also changed the free drawer offer, you must pay the $6 shipping plus .01. They must have been inundated with requests.

• Buehl
    15 years ago

Mine arrived on 11/11...just like the ETA said!

I think I'm putting mine in one of the upstairs bathrooms. I'm also considering ordering additional ones for all the bathrooms and possibly under the main/cleanup sink in the kitchen...although the plastic will be out of place since all other pullouts & drawers are wood!

Darn about the shipping! I was going to order one for my mom (for under her sink)!

• budgeteer_s
    15 years ago

I got mine yesterday, took only 5 days. Thank you busybme, I love freebies!

Last night I shared this with my son who just bought a condo. That's when I learned you have to pay the shipping fee now. Darn!

I think I will also put it under the sink, perfect material for that location.

• moonkat99
    15 years ago

Well cheeze. Looks like they're trading off the discount through December for the added shipping charges on the freebies.

Too bad - I just gave a $$$ challenged friend the freebie info. :(

• busybme
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Oh wow. Do ya' think that he got so many requests from us gwers that he needed to add the shipping charge to the free offer? Hope we didn't cause him any hardship but it sure got his company's name into circulation! I can only imagine that they would be happy about that!

It's still a great deal and gives you a chance to try a new product. Here's the website so that he gets a bump in his google rating! :) www.rolloutkitchendrawers.com

Mine is still sitting in the box while I decide where to install it. : (

Sandy

• pcjs
    15 years ago

I got mine the other day. I have to giggle as when I first saw the post I thought it was spam and didn't think much about it till berf posted. Then I ordered mine... I have to give the company credit as they emailed with a shipping confirmation and were very professional and it arrived on time and seems nice. I needed one just like it with a low profile under my kitchen sink in plastic for chemicals, etc and couldn't find one just right and this one is it. My only complaint was the box was not taped well and open when it arrived but everything was safe and no issues - they need to use a thicker packing tape when mailing but the box was very sturdy so nothing was damaged and fedex was clearly careful. Haven't installed it yet, but looks easy. :) Thanks for posting this.