Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msmeow

working on last 2 minis for guild

msmeow
11 years ago

Well, I'd hoped to finish my last 2 minis today, but I only got one top made. Making HSTs with scraps is time consuming! Lots of trimming, sewing, squaring, etc.

Anyway, this top is 12" square. Each eccentric star block is 3", so the HSTs are 1" square. That's about as mini as I want to go!

Donna

Comments (14)

• K8Orlando
    11 years ago

You are The Mini Master!

• nannykins
    11 years ago

Love that border print.
    I admire anyone who does minis. I don't think I would be very good at it and you obviously are. Great work.
    Theresa

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

Very nice! I like your design.

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

Nicely done! ...1" HST...yeah...that's about as small as i would want to try as well!
    V.

• sunnycentralfl
    11 years ago

Very pretty! Good job! I know how much work goes into a mini!

THX,
    Gwen

• quiltingfox
    11 years ago

Donna I think your mini is beautiful and I like how you used a large print pattern for the border. I have not made a mini quilt yet but is on my future quilting to do list, I think it might be a fun project to make for a Barbie doll quilt for my great-niece to play with. TFS!

Best to you,
    Sandra

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

Wow you are the Queen of Minis!!
    I have Thangles to make 3/4 HSTs and did make a few for a class I did but the rest of the package remains unused at this point!

Very pretty!

Mary

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

A beautiful job. Hard to tell if you don't know the dimensions that it's a mini, especially with the big border print.

• msmeow
    Original Author
    11 years ago

They are done! Woohoo! Just in time for guild meeting tomorrow night.

Eccentric star, 12" square:

And several of you have made Dutchman's Puzzle and you inspired me! It's 10-1/2" square:

Donna

• loisflan
    11 years ago

Wow, Donna, I can't believe how small those blocks are! Nice work on such tiny pieces.

What does your guild do with the minis the members have made? Lois

• msmeow
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Lois, we have a silent auction of the minis at our quilt show, which is coming up next Feb. Our show is 2 days, and they would like to have 100 to auction each day, so the lady in charge of the silent auction challenged guild members to make one mini a month this year. These are my last 2! :)

Donna

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

Your guild should be successful w/ your mini's...well done!
    V.

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

And I thoughtI liked the first one, lovvvve the second. Such pretty colors. When I made the two blocks for the lotto I stitched the extra triangle at the same time. don't know if that's mini enough for a mini quilt, but might try it.

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

Your minis are awesome! And Congrats on meeting your Goal.

This could be a great fundraiser for the Guild~hope it does well!

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH