Software
Houzz Logo Print
cillisa

Paint and more for bedroom...

13 years ago
I live at home (actually, I haven't graduated from high school yet). I just redid my room to a more mature style. I was going for a more refined, "Sherlock Holmes" look with the help of various ideabooks on Houzz, but once again I am receding into eclecticism. That's all right with me. However, fickle though I may be, I would like to choose a paint color for my room. I would like to do this because a) I think the room may look better with a lick of paint and b) a faulty pellet stove downstairs smoked up the walls repeatedly. I think I need to paint.
Should I stick with the color it already is? I lean away from neutrals, but then maybe a nice brown would be a good choice? Or else a nice splash of color?

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated, including...

-Ideas for a possible seating arrangement. I currently have a pretty little slipper chair in there, but a bigger cozy chair or chaise would be nice.

-I am looking for a rug. Any ideas? I found a great DIY sweater rug tutorial online that I am considering.

-I have a few "heirloom"/for visiting children toys and stuffed animals in there. Should they stay where they are? We have a bonus room... should they go in there?

-I have an amazing view out my window. While I like my furniture arrangement the way it is now, I am open to ideas on how to maximize on my billion-dollar view.

-Please keep in mind the fact that I have an almost nonexistent budget. No $600 pillows, please. Anything handmade is worth a shot.

Feel free to comment on anything and offer suggestions. Thank you!

Comments (4)