Software
Houzz Logo Print
unruli

Outlet options for kitchen - suggestions?

11 years ago
last modified: 11 years ago
Well, the outlets in the kitchen are truly awful. They're too high and of course are builder's grade white plastic. We had the counter installed without a backsplash so we could determine what to put in at a later time and the outlets were supposed to be mounted low (and horizontally) so as not to be too conspicuous. If they were done as I'd planned I could put in a low backsplash above the countertops that reach only about 6", but that's out of the question in their current location. Since I'll need to make a revision anyway I'm trying to determine what other options I might have.

I love some of the new cover-less outlet options, but that will be far beyond our budget. I've been looking to see if it's possible to mount an angled outlet strip in the junction between the back edge of the counter and the short backsplash we intend to install. I'm just not finding any indications that this is ever done. This is not an area that is likely to get wet as the majority of the prep is completed on the island. I'm just curious if mounting an angled outlet strip in that area is a good idea or if it's even possible. I'm only finding these strips mounted under cabinets (we have no upper cabinets) and under the front edge of the counter (our drawers eliminate that option and I find that location inconvenient). The long wall to the right of the stove was always planned for art and I'm really trying to minimize the clutter there.

The builder dropped the ball on installing our stainless stove backsplash so we may wind up doing something a bit different there. I suspect we'll likely put in commercial splash shields on either side of the stove to help contain splatters and we'll also get rid of the white vents and such…..eventually.

(the photos below show the kitchen in a nearly finished stage).

Comments (3)