Software
Houzz Logo Print
khinlei

Furniture arrangement help for new Family Room!

11 years ago
We are finishing a renovation that opens up the kitchen to our new family room. The house is a ranch, with the new family room immediately in front of the entry door and facing out to our deck. You can see from my sketch that the kitchen opens up to this room, which is fairly square in proportion and centered on the front door and back patio doors.

We think we need to put the TV on the far wall opposite the kitchen. However there are closet doors next to it, and the space is quite large so I think I want to float the furniture. I also want the room to look inviting when you walk in from the front door. Should I center the furniture in the middle?

Thanks so much in advance for the advice!

Comments (10)