Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
snapperfreak

Snapper 21401P story

snapperfreak
9 years ago

Wanted to share this mower I just picked up yesterday. This is another example of why I enjoy finding these old mowers. I drove almost two hours to by this 1983 model for $20 from the original owner's son. He passed away a few years ago and his son had this in storage along with lots of other stuff. Spent about 15 minutes talking with him and his wife about his dad, why he bought the mower, where he bought it from and so on. Really nice people and a fun drive there and back with my daughter along for the ride. The mower isn't running but is in pretty good shape for being 32 years old. Things that are usually bent or broken are in fine shape, I have the black rubber cover for the drive clutch lever but looking for the missing red cover that goes on the speed selector lever. I'm in the process of cleaning it up, then I'll look at the engine. He said he might have the original bill of sale and other paperwork that he will mail to me if he finds it. This will be a fun winter/spring project.

Comments (4)