Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jstropic

Cyberspace

jstropic (10a)
9 years ago

I'll try to take a better picture tomorrow but for now this is cyberspace. Interestingly the scape is still burgundy. Also the new leaves that are starting are also burgundy. - J

Comments (11)

• kaboehm (zone 9a, TX USA)
    9 years ago

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!
    Pretty. Funny that the photos aren't matching up...but it does look like Cyberspace with the loooong white anthers.
    Hmmm.
    This is shaping up to be an interesting year (maybe not for the right reasons!).
    K

• Fred Biasella
    9 years ago

Hi J,

That is absolutely gorgeous!!!! Thanks for posting. :-)))

warm Regards,
    Fred

• dondeldux z6b South Shore Massachusetts
    9 years ago

Well, at least it's the correct variety and I think it's quite nice.. It appears that the flowers are a bit on the diminutive side which is fine and the white stripe isn't as prominent as I'd hoped for but I think that when Cyberspace blooms on a well rooted bulb that it will be quite lovely if it isn't already.

It's really great that the scapes are staying red, one of my buds is opening so mine should be blooming in about one week and I do love the long white anthers for startling contrast too. All is all, I think it's a winner that will get even better the next time around!

So, it looks like we've nailed this one, let's see what the rest bring!!

Donnaâºâº

• berkeleysgr8
    9 years ago

I love all the cybisters! I look forward to seeing more photos when the flowers are fully opened.

• jstropic (10a)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Beautiful Donna!

I agree I like this and I wasn't sure I would either. I like the smaller size (both bulb, scape and flowers are small) as they offer something different than the large sometimes huge flowers and plants we are used to. In fact, this type of breeding may offer an alternative to those who are short of window space and would like to have a larger collection. It will be interesting to see if, after they have grown some healthy roots and have had a year of growth, they stay this small. - J

• Fred Biasella
    9 years ago

Hi Donna and J,

I didn't realize the Cyberspace was a "mini". How tall are the scapes? They look absolutely beautiful :-))))

Warm Regards,
    Fred

9 years ago

HI Fred,

The flowers are barely 3 + 1/2" measuring the curl back but the scapes are 12" and 14" and I assume on an established bulb they would be even taller so unfortunately it doesn't really fit in the mini category. The second scape is opening its 4 flowers and they look about the same.

I'm happy with it and if I had the opportunity to buy another I would, this is one variety that should have more than one bulb in the pot.

Donna

• Rupak Nyk
    7 years ago

Hi Donna,

I want to have a small bulblet of it, if you can kindly spare.

7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Mine isn't doing all that well, didn't grow at all and is still small but healthy. Currently it is just sitting here with no leaves and I doubt that it will even bloom again for some time. I sure wish I'd bought more than one but.. we never know do we. No offsets on this one for sure and if there was one I'd have to say that I'd have to keep it because this variety will most likely never been seen again unfortunately but....we never know! Sorry.....

Donna

• Rupak Nyk
    7 years ago

Thank you Donna for enlightening me about Cyberspace. You are lucky for sure.Dont be sorry.I will have to give up on it. If you have any other cybisters extra, I will be happy to have it.

Rupak

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions