Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20773548

Gas range without electronic touchpad

User
9 years ago

My Jenn Air range, of ten years must be replaced, due to a malfunctioning electronic touchpad. If not for this problem, the stove and oven have worked fine for the past ten years, and it is in pristine condition. The service technician explained that ten years is about the life of a range like this. Of course the touchpad could be replaced for about $500.00, but he could not assure me how long it would last.
I would like advice on purchasing a range without an electronic touchpad. Any suggestions?

Comments (3)

• philwojo99
    9 years ago

Bluestar comes to mind, maybe Capital (CC) and I'm sure there are others.

But, what are you looking for specifically? What size, 30", 36", 48", 60"? How many burners? Grill/Griddle options? Dual Fuel (DF) or All Gas (AG)? What is your cooking style? How many do you cook for on a regular basis? Do you do WOK cooking at all? Do you entertain a lot?

Most of all what is your budget?

Phil

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I realize that I have omitted quite a bit of useful information. I need to replace a 30" slide in gas range. My husband and I cook for the two of us, on a daily basis. Unless it is an occasion, we rarely cook for more than four people at a time. We are accustom to four burners, and would not use the grill/griddle option. My Jenn Air had four burners and had the option of simmer and low, which we liked. We want to keep the price under $2,000.
    Thank you.

• carnivore
    9 years ago

If you can consider a freestanding model then you can get an NXR for right around $2k.