I guess I am wondering, is this the vac for us.
We have 2 kids, teens, For years we had a WIndtunnel bagged self propelled vac. It eventually broke, we got another but the quality was no longer there and died a quick death. Since then I resorted to Bissel bagless recons sold for 99 or less. We actually have one on our bedroom level, and one in the basement with a hoover bagged non self propelled on the main floor. The hoover seems to work best.
All initially worked well but seem to fall apart quickly. I have a closet of misc pieces in the corner. They all fill fast and the wife forgets to empty them until the clog The filters are always dirty. It becomes a mess to empty.
I finally took an hour and thoroughly cleaned the vacs. The one Bissel runs fine now,,,good suction. The other, for whatever reason, no longer adequately powers the little bristle attachment used on the hose for the stairs. It does not seem to have great suction either. Various parts have fallen off the Bissels as well.
I need to replace the upstairs vac...4 bedrooms and a hall to vac...maybe the stairs too - it gets the most use. I watched QVC and saw the animal 41 vac and was intrigued. I just saw it at Sams Club for $250 and am debating buying it.
On the plus side, I understand there are no filters. It looks like emptying the sucker is simple and painless as well. On the negative side the thing seems to be made of cheap plastic...Ex: it feels like the cord wrap or the way the hose attaches / pulls out could easily break. In fact its not real obvious how to even remove the hose much less get the unit out of its standing position. I fear the wife or kids could easily break it. The hose extends very far and coils itself back up but..... will it stretch out over time and not return to the original size? I am unsure if the ball thing is innovative or a gimmick. Ditto on the never loose suction claim.
Sometimes things look and feel cheap but in fact are durable. This vac will be used heavily by my wife and begrudgingly by the teens. Maybe a little abused too. Will it hold up?
What is your experience with this vac. Is it worth it...I can buy a lot of Bissels for $250....
And if anyone knows why my bissel has lost suction when I see no obstructions...let me know...
THANK YOU!
Thanks!
Jessica Fuller
andrelaplume2Original Author
Related Professionals
Evansville Kitchen & Bathroom Designers · St. Louis Kitchen & Bathroom Designers · Elizabeth City Kitchen & Bathroom Designers · Fayetteville Kitchen & Bathroom Designers · Oklahoma City Kitchen & Bathroom Designers · Torrington Kitchen & Bathroom Designers · Concord Kitchen & Bathroom Designers · Stockton Kitchen & Bathroom Designers · Knoxville Bathroom Remodelers · Victoria Bathroom Remodelers · Torrington Bathroom Remodelers · Vancouver Bathroom Remodelers · Jacksonville Kitchen Remodelers · Oklahoma City Kitchen Remodelers · Alexandria Kitchen RemodelersJessica Fuller
andrelaplume2Original Author
Debbi Branka
cearbhaill (zone 6b Eastern Kentucky)
Debbi Branka
Melinda White