Software
Houzz Logo Print
richbeau

Sektion Catalog

11 years ago

Found a couple of these on the web. This is the Canadian Sektion catalog as it has a better format than the US version.

Also note the prices are slightly lower for US customers.

It has dimension and details I've been wanting to see.

This post was edited by richbeau on Wed, Feb 4, 15 at 19:09

Comments (15)

  • 11 years ago

    This is the link.

    Here is a link that might be useful: Sektion

  • 11 years ago

    >Wondering if the off-white Bodbyn is very, very light

    I would say this is likely. Ikea offered both white and off-white at different times in some of the old lines over the years and most people usually couldn't tell which was which unless they had two doors side by side.

    I think not doing laxarby white is a betise right up there with killing ikeafans.

  • 11 years ago

    Happen to have a picture of that from last night.

  • 11 years ago

    There are also pretty good photos in the catalog.

    We've had over 3' of snow here in Massachusetts over the past week so it has been hard to get out. I'm hoping to get to the store on Saturday. I'll bring a tape measure and my smart phone. That way I can take photos & take notes.

  • 11 years ago

    That picture is from the store. I did have a phone and a tape measure and have plenty of notes. This is the best quality picture you can load on this site.

  • 11 years ago

    The Laxarby door is the old Ramsjo door. There were complaints that the white Ramsjo door had a pink tinge, maybe that's why it was discontinued.

  • 11 years ago

    I wish they would have just changed the tinge on the Laxarby white rather than discontinuing it altogether.

    Jennifer, the Bodbyn white seems to be the same as the old Lidingo white. The paint match for Lidingo white is Ben Moore Simply White, which I have on the trim throughout my home. It is a great warm white without any undertones.

    Although I didn't really want raised panel doors, in the absence of Laxarby white I may just give up and go with the Bodbyn white. If the white is the same, at least it will match my trim. The old Adel white door, which has the same construction as the current Grimslov white, was grayer (and, I thought, cheaper/flimsier looking).

  • 11 years ago

    I'm also sad to see that there is no MW cabinet. Perhaps I can do just as well getting a standard upper (since they are now 14"D) and just getting a door to cover the top half. :/

    I've done up our kitchen in Sektion in the IKEA Planner, and they also don't seem to have the "skins" they used to have for the oven cabinet fronts. I guess I will be painting some cabinetry if the whites don't match.

    We also didn't seem to get the 8" wide cabinet that Metod had - I think it was a tall cabinet. Shame - now we will have to hack the broom closet pullout for that 9" space between the oven cabinet and the wall.

    Hopefully the innovations of Sektion over Akurum will make these tweaks worthwhile!

    We are going on Saturday to buy our cabinets- I can't wait! Hopefully they have most or all items in stock. We'd like to bring a UHaul to bring everything home in.

  • 11 years ago

    The white version of Laxarby seems to be available everywhere else in the world except Canada! What??

  • 11 years ago

    Did you notice the option to put automatic lights in all your cabinets and drawers? I LOVED that feature. The lighting in my store was not good enough to tell if the two tradition style doors are the same as Lindingo. They were definitely off white though,

  • 11 years ago

    So upset to see that Laxarby is not being offered in white. It is all over the world. Not happy with any other white. My sister did the Ramsjo white last year and her kitchen is beautiful. Decided to wait because they said it would come back with the new line. It was a nice WOOD framed flat paneled door. Hope they bring it back or I may have to look elsewhere. Starting all over again.

  • 11 years ago

    I completely agree, cristwin2. I was wondering if there might be a way to order just the doors and drawer fronts from Europe, because the white Laxarby is really the only option I would consider. Surely we are not the only disappointed ones? Do you think IKEA would listen to our complaints and bring that option to North America??

  • 11 years ago

    Hi, emailed IKEA and told them they should bring LAXARBY white to the US and Canada. I hope they are listening and will look at all the posts and comments. As for ordering from Europe I think the measurements would be off. Now looking into custom doors with Semihandmade and Kokeena.

  • 10 years ago

    So, I was hoping you guys could help me out, even though this thread is a bit old. I have already installed the laxarby black brown cabinets in my entire kichen. I have started some projects in my office and laundry room and wanted to use the same style cabinet, however I'm afraid if I keep using the dark color my home will turn into a black hole lol. Has anyone figured out what the "white" version of the laxarby door is? I'm worried because their whites all seem very cream and I can't seem to match the laxarby style exactly. I'm starting to think I should just pick a different style altogether. Suggestions?

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner