Software
Houzz Logo Print
j3hill

Wood Panels : Help my Entry/Dining

11 years ago

Hello Houzz.

I've lived in this home for a year now and really want to start working on it. I wanted to really live in the space before making any major decisions. We don't have a ton of money to sink into projects so its mostly DIY. What I'm looking for is some direction. I have no clue where to start and what I'm up against. I don't want to take on something that is too much for me. Other elements of the house will be addressed in other post such as the flooring and decor. Today I present to you my entry way.

Problem 1: Wood Panel/Wood Siding

I tried to live with it. I tried to paint it to make it look better. Sadly I'm not happy. This isn't the thin sheet of wood panel, this is the big daddy legit thick all wood siding, and its all over. I'm not sure if there is drywall behind all the walls. I'm only sure about one which is the wall with the chair rail (dining room).

Problem 2: Entry Walls

I like the that there is some short of actual entry foyer-like space, but I feel like it can be better. I think its too small and should be wider. But if the wood is removed I guess the framing can be removed as well? Also I have no clue if this thing is load bearing or not


Views from inside






Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Franklin Cnty OH