Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kittymoonbeam

Valentines Day is almost here

kittymoonbeam
9 years ago

I love to go out and look at florist roses and gift flowers before Valentines Day and Mother's Day. Vons supermarket got the pretty Angel's Parasol Hydrangeas in again. I was looking at California grown roses for sale. The price was about 60.00 for a dozen. It made me think. I love the flowers as they come on in the garden. Sometimes I get busy and can't get out and see them. If I had to buy them all....well, I couldn't afford it. We all talk about how much we spend on the plants but truly it's a bargain for all that beauty.

Comments (4)

• seil zone 6b MI
    9 years ago

Yes, when you think about it like that our roses really are a bargain! I just ordered two DAs fpr $56.00 including shipping. I'm sure I'll get more than a dozen blooms from them this season alone. And will for years to come hopefully.

• buford
    9 years ago

My husband knows not to get me flowers on V-day or anytime. Just buy me a rose bush!

• mendocino_rose
    9 years ago

I love roses any way I can get them. Those Angel's Parasol Hydrangeas are so beautiful!

• kittymoonbeam
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I always have a posy of Hermosa roses and violets for Valentines Day. I have my eye on some Bolero buds but we'll see what happens. I bought a few branches of flowering cherry at a local New Years festival and they seem romantic to me. Abe Darby bloomed the other day so I wonder if any roses besides Hermosa will bloom on the 14th. Halftime managed a flower for Superbowl Sunday.