Software
Houzz Logo Print
waithe1

Need guidance with shower.

11 years ago

Anticipating that I may at some point be needing a walker (years from now!) I've removed our bathtub and the tile flooring. This is a teensy bathroom and I want to end up with a shower that has little or no lip/curb/barrier at its entry. I figure that water mostly runs downhill. If I slope my bathroom floor towards the shower's drain, how much of a "drop" will it need to have so that I can avoid building a curb but still avoid having water splash all over the floor? Also, can I use a standard shower door frame but embed the bottom frame slightly into the floor (to minimize the barrier effect)? Right now, I have a bare, concrete floor that I can tile as I like. Suggestions?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Franklin Cnty OH