Software
Houzz Logo Print
toats

A Hare-y bedroom

11 years ago

Im about to embark on designing this bedroom. I have some specific ideas for the room. I would love some feedback on my ideas, and help along the way when i screw it all up :)

My inspiration for this room is the amazing boxing hare poster by claude kuhn. i love it. BUT i dont love the green. The two blue mass produced art pieces you see on the wall will be used to paint my own boxing hares similar to the poster and put one over each headboard, and then Ill go from there!

The colors of the room will be a very dark gray and white.

Comments (2K)

  • 11 years ago

    That's cute, I like that. :)

  • 11 years ago

    Btw, what fox? I missed that one. Lol :)

  • 11 years ago
    I did too, Zazz!
  • 11 years ago

    i wanted a statue in the room. was going to get a rabbit statue until i fell in love with the fox :) just a finishing touch is all.

  • 11 years ago

    i very briefly "mentioned" it by posting a pic of the statue and referencing to the room as "the fox room", i was being a lil furtive :)


  • 11 years ago

    I remember the fox...similar to the pup in your master bedroom :)

  • 11 years ago

    you guys are so right, why dump any $ into the bathroom? it doesnt make sense. i should just get a new shower curtain, new paint and just change the bulb covers on the vanity lights and call it a day!


  • 11 years ago

    oh right dc, i didnt even realize im putting canines everywhere!


  • 11 years ago

    i JUST KNOW willie is gonna freak out on the fox....prob damnit too.


  • 11 years ago

    Heaven forbid you actually get s life-sized black sheep in there

  • 11 years ago

    i would love that DC! im so copying you with the life sized black sheep in my next house!


  • 11 years ago
    Has anyone married anyone on this thread yet? How do you get nearly 2,000 comments for your silly little bedroom? No disrespect for the bedroom, but really? Or is it some sort of counter-culture - like those Matisse goats? People go nuts about nonsense? I guess so! Good luck to you, very amusing!
  • 11 years ago
    I meant Chagall goats, of course!
  • 11 years ago

    lol i told you



  • 11 years ago
    Thanks Willie, for today's laugh! Too funny.
  • 11 years ago

    dont worry guys


    well natasha, apparently

    so if youre trying to call my room silly nonsense

    however, theres not much for me to do as far as rebuttal

    besides,

    lol but seriously, each to their own, im juss messin with ya in a playful way, no offense taken or given :) you know what they say....


  • 11 years ago

    Damnit's checking out the fox from under the bed.



  • 11 years ago

    ok heres the finished room :)





  • 11 years ago

    some more





  • 11 years ago


  • 11 years ago

    I NEED that fox statue! Total must. Where'd you find that little perfection, toats?

  • 11 years ago

    Love the boxing hares back up in there! Beautiful job, Toats! Just perfect. You are amazeballs. Will you marry me? :P


    toats thanked rredpenn
  • 11 years ago

    Those flowers are perfect! Looks great toats. Btw, I removed my comment....I figured you wanted to handle that on your own. (was just tryin' to help though) ;)

    toats thanked zazfuzzroc
  • 11 years ago

    This room is TOATS AMAZING! Love love love.

    the tiny details really make this room. (little pink goat on candle/container?) - Great job!

    toats thanked Аnya Z
  • 11 years ago

    heres a closeup of fox.



  • 11 years ago

    Wonderfully done...brava. This is an online community, right?

    toats thanked dclostboy
  • 11 years ago

    anya, got him on wayfair. hes made by design toscano.


  • 11 years ago

    Love the little guy in the window..... and like seeing the hares through the doorway. (Reminds me of my olives. Lol :)

    toats thanked zazfuzzroc
  • 11 years ago

    He sure has that "Ima get that wabbit" look on his face... :)


  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    lol rred i just picked up what you laid down (bout marriage).

  • 11 years ago

    In this corner...Mr. T! All six feet four inches of him! "I piddy da Foo' who messes wit my Goat!"
    And in this corner....a bloody handed little Rred volleyball...
    Winner takes all! LOL

  • 11 years ago

    Amazing room. What a transformation from a plain vanilla room without much architectural detail to a elegantly quirky room. next stop a small B & B

    toats thanked sacapuntaslapioz
  • 11 years ago

    the approach


  • 11 years ago

    What a great room! I'm sorry you won't be able to enjoy it for long, because it is going to help this place sell pronto.

    toats thanked juliab51
  • 11 years ago
    Super Duper!! What fun we have watching you transform your rooms:) Love it!
    toats thanked knicetime
  • 11 years ago

    Looks great, as usual!


    toats thanked nwduck
  • 11 years ago

    Lol!! Dammit taking on the fox :-)

  • 11 years ago

    I would love to see my 4 take on Mr Fox

  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    hahaha just saw Willie take on the fox too!! (I have this habit of reading upward).

    ... oh and touché ;-)

  • 11 years ago

    Awesome--I think this may be my favorite one yet. Oh, I don't know...so hard to pick!!! The fox and the approaches are hysterical :)

  • 11 years ago
    I love this room!
    toats thanked homesweethome !
  • 11 years ago

    Well done, again!

    toats thanked soccerates
  • 11 years ago
    Job well done! Love it!
    toats thanked glschisler
  • 11 years ago

    Hi Toats, Hope you have a wonderful Easter! This time next year I really hope to be ordering a dozen scrumptious cupcakes from your bakery. ;) Enjoy your day! :)

  • 11 years ago

    Hey all, please vote on my poll. I am getting so tired of seeing all grey rooms with the personality of a hotel room. I just need to see is unique is coming back. that is tasteful unique.

    [https://www.houzz.com/discussions/is-unique-items-a-new-trend-dsvw-vd~2967863[(https://www.houzz.com/discussions/is-unique-items-a-new-trend-dsvw-vd~2967863)

  • 11 years ago
    Toats, I saw this on Facebook this morning. I immediately thought of you and the new shop in Savannah. I know you are considering vintage, but thought you might like this.
    https://www.onekingslane.com/live-love-home/elisabeth-holder-laduree-soho/?utm_medium=display&utm_source=facebook&utm_term=Blog-Laduree&utm_campaign=PP-A1&utm_content=A1-lookalikes-8x-Txn
  • 11 years ago
    Hey Toats, an unusual request: a Houzzer is having trouble w/ urinary issues in their cat and posted seeking help. Discussion on Houzz: Urinary blockage http://houzz.com/s/m=7/u=L2Rpc2N1c3Npb25zLzMyMjI3MzM=
    Didn't you have something similar w/ Dammit? Think I recall you mentioning it on another thread and how the vet-prescribed food made it worse. (Not the first time I've heard that either.) Was wondering if you'd be willing to help them out and share what you did for your cat because it sounds like the vet's way isn't helping them? And yeah, yeah I know it's not house design related, but who cares? Pets are part of our homes and of course someone is going to turn anywhere they can find to desperately seek help for their sick pet.
  • 11 years ago
    This is great
    toats thanked lizzyksimms
  • PRO
    10 years ago

    I'm seeing your post a few months late, but in the future give us a call, we'd love to help with your design needs and/or affordable custom drapery. Thompson House Interior Designs of VA 703-851-9742