Software
Houzz Logo Print
bluelady

Where to hang this embroidered piece?

11 years ago

A) hang on wall with horiz center at standing eye level

B) hang on wall with top even with top of headboard

C) leave perched on dresser

If I hang, do I try to center with the dresser, or leave off-center to accommodate the turtle shell lamp? See photos below


Comments (13)

  • 11 years ago

    I like it where it is now over the bedside table. Experiment with the height. Don't hang it in a straight line with the headboard. Maybe just have the top of the picture an inch or two over the top of the headboard. You should avoid hanging art in a straight line with window frames, door jambs or other objects.

    Is the shell a lamp?


  • 11 years ago
    Thank you ASVInteriors, I tend to agree that I want to emphasize that line for a minimalist clean line.
    Leelee, I'm not sure if your rule is a rule of thumb or just something you've noticed I never heard it before, but I can see it in the photo you attached.
    Yes, the turtle shell is a lamp. It doesn't give off nearly as much light now that the walls are painted dark.
    I'm attaching additional pictures so you can see the whole wall.
    (I'll have to do this from my laptop later. the iPad app no longer works for pics. )
  • 11 years ago


    Here's the other side of the wall. Same height dresser, but about half the width. (room is off-center, so the furniture was designed to fit the off-center room). I usually have some glass vases on that far table, but am trying out the wood boconcept sculpture. It doesn't look like much without lighting back there.

    Here's the opposite wall.

  • 11 years ago
    Any other opinions? We're split 50/50 with a very small sample size. Would love to have more opinions.
  • 11 years ago
    I like it hung low over the nightstand...but I also think you need something over the bed too....similar colors in a more simple frame so as not to look like they are matched.
    Blue thanked OldGrayMare
  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    Frankly I don't see that art in this room nor the other one that is on the other wall although they are both very nice , instead consider something different. hanging one

    Grant Street West Model Home · More Info

    leveled with the lamp or even 2 of them .Let me see if I can find an idea picture .

    Blue thanked Geneviève
  • 11 years ago


    Rose In Black And White, by Ben and Raisa Gertsberg, fine art print · More Info


  • 11 years ago
    Beautiful embroidery! Since there is nothing else hung on the same wall, I think it looks best where it is. If you choose to hang it higher, I feel that you would need to add another art piece on the other side of the bed.
    Blue thanked junef22
  • 11 years ago

    Oldgraymare, thanks, and I want to point out that the embroidery piece is not yet framed -- that's actually part of the embroidery. I'm thinking of getting it framed in a simple, black, floating frame.

  • 11 years ago

    Genevieve, thanks for the comments. Art's such a personal thing it's hard to choose something that everyone likes. These pieces are both original and the embroidery has special meaning to me as it was handmade and purchased on a long travel trip of mine.

  • 11 years ago

    Yes art and many other things are personal and I understand you completely on it :) But since we are focused on decorating and your room is luxuriously decorated with the modern style ,the pictures used could be used elsewhere in the home ,in a hallway gallery for example. Don't get me wrong on it :) I love them both but not for that room .

  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    I think it will be fine centered there over that table but as others have said with another art piece perhaps much smaller but similarly framed on other side of bed. Or, what about having table and lamps on sides of bed and take your two or three artworks you've shown and do them over the headboard?? I think they can maybe all work together....?