Software
Houzz Logo Print
dvhart

Kitchen Layout (15x15) and Ceiling Ideas

13 years ago
Our "new" house (1957) has a 15x15 space for the kitchen with an adjoining 10x15 dining area. I'm looking to make the most of the space. We have a young family and the kitchen is not frequently show-worthy, so a fully open plan isn't in the cards, but keeping it open to the dining area is appealing to us. My wife is keen on an island and double ovens. I'd like a real vent hood and a traditional style (white shaker inset door cabinetry, crown moulding, and possibly a coffered ceiling). The existing house has a large fireplace occupying a 30"x120" strip on the left side (relative to the drawings below). I'm thinking of tearing it down completely and replacing it with a wall pantry and wall oven/micro). The second oven would be in the range. There is 48" between all the countertop surfaces, leaving a 7'7" x 3'5" island in the middle.

I'd love to hear ideas on the layout as well as design thoughts for the ceiling treatments.

Thanks for looking!

Comments (7)