Software
Houzz Logo Print
ltislander

New Bertazzoni Induction Range?

11 years ago

I just saw a press release from Bertazzoni about a new induction range they are releasing in the US in June. Anyone have information about it? Pricing? Thank you!!!

http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=30614730

Comments (55)

  • 11 years ago

    And here's some information I got from an appliance store (experts please chime in!)

    The new induction ranges will be available in stainless, orange, white, yellow, black, red, or red wine (darker red).

    The induction ranges will be released in 2 series (professional versus the master series – the difference here is aesthetic)

    Induction Burners (all ranges)

    Front left – 1850 watts – 3000 Boost power

    Back left – 1850 watts – 3000 Boost poser

    Front right – 1400 watts – 2200 Boost power

    Back right – 2300 watts – 3700 Boost power

  • 11 years ago

    So is the only difference is that the Masters model has an LCD display for the oven controls? I wonder if that will be similar to the Miele unit.

  • 11 years ago

    Any idea when the Bertazzoni website will have the full specs on this? About to start a kitchen reno and would love to have the bertazzoni induction range as part of it.


  • 11 years ago

    I don't, but Bertazzoni might. You could try posting it to their FB page, it looks like they check it. The information I received from my local dealer, esp. the pricing, doesn't match up with what Bertazzoni posted here, so I would go directly to the source. If you find anything out, please post it here!

    https://www.facebook.com/BertazzoniItalia

  • 11 years ago

    I sent them an email through their profile. I'll post the response if I get one.

  • 11 years ago

    I got a response that the range is available for order now and will be delivered sometime in May. Also, the self cleaning option bumps this up to $4,200 but you can skip the self cleaning and get this for $3,300.

  • 11 years ago

    Yes, if you look at the AJ Madison web site, the range is there, as well as all of the prices/color options. I'm disappointed it doesn't have the oven temp gauge (it's very cool and retro-looking), and that it doesn't come in Heritage.

  • 11 years ago

    The press release said the oven controls had an LCD interface, but I'm not seeing that on either model listed on the AJM site.

  • 11 years ago

    Has anyone received this range and if so, care to comment? I am considering it for a condo renovation in south Florida. For anyone who has used their other appliances, how is the service?

  • 11 years ago

    I am seriously considering purchasing the 30" professional series, but I can't find a lot information on it. Does anyone here have it? If so what is their experience? Thx so much!

  • 11 years ago

    You can see details on --

    http://theinductionsite.com/residential-induction-topped-ranges.php

    --just search for "Bertazzoni". The many-colored family is the PRO304INSxx line, where "xx" is the color code. Clicking on the range name will get you to a details page.



  • 11 years ago

    Thanks owl, this does help with specs etc, but I was hoping to get some info from anyone who actually owns the 30" professional induction range and get their two cents. I do have gas in my house just not to my kitchen, I am flip flopping between the induction range versus the gas version. Thanks again..

  • 11 years ago

    Yes, please! If anyone has actually purchased one and used one, please chime in!!!! I can only read so many specs on line.

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    I just got the gas version a week ago Thursday:

    I was never considering induction. I have a portable induction burner, and I like to use it for a few things but would never consider a full switch. The gas version comes with a Wok grate, something that I will use frequently and would not be able to use at all with induction. If the electricity is off, the gas range will still work and can be lit with a match. In those cases, I generally cook outdoors, however. For my kitchen, the traditional stove-top looks better than induction would - I already have somewhat black quartz counter tops, and having a black cook-top would be too much black surface.

    If you have questions about the gas version, I can help you. My portable induction burner is 1800 watts, and it takes 20 minutes to boil 4 quarts of water - quite a bit longer than the gas burner takes, but the induction cook-top would have more powerful burners. I use my induction burner in conjunction with a pressure cooker that I bought to go with it (since almost none of my other pans would work), and they make a nice combo. In fact, I never use the pressure cooker with gas. Ideally, a combination of gas and induction is preferable, at least for me.

    I might add that I do not have a 220V outlet in my kitchen.

  • 11 years ago

    I bought the Bertazzoni induction range this summer. I was waiting to see how it performed before posting. After problems with installation (despite assurances that it came with a 3 prong plug, it came with a 4 prong instead), it was finally installed. Here's a quick summary of pros and cons:

    Pros: (1) It's induction and not electric! Induction is a miracle! I love it. (2) It has a modern esthetic and looks pretty good.

    Cons: Many. This was for a summer home, so I didn't need tons of features, but really. This is very bare-bones. The quality of the construction seems poor. Every seam in the stainless is visible. Compared to my Miele gas cooktop, it looks like a child built it. No timer or temperature gauge (but I knew that). No storage for pots below, just wasted space (the salesperson who sold it to me thought it had storage like the gas version. It doesn't). The oven light stays on ALL THE TIME that you're using it. I called Bertazzoni and they said that the range was improperly installed and that the light should go off after a few minutes. The repairperson who came out said that looking at the electrical diagram, there is NO shut off anywhere on the range so the Bertazzoni rep had no idea what he was talking about. Lovely. And finally, if you're even thinking about getting this for your year-round home, beware. There are only 9 levels. Yes, there's a power up (or whatever it's called) but when I tried to make crepes, I needed the level between 5 and 6. 5 was too cool, 6 too hot. Frustrating.


    This is just a summary of my experiences. Who's to blame? Me, mostly, for buying something that just came out. But also Bertazzoni (at one point, their customer service rep in Florida actually asked me WHY I would ever buy induction, and why didn't I just buy gas!). And of course, the clueless authorized salesperson who sold it to me. I posted some of my experiences on the Bertazzoni Facebook page but they didn't respond.


    If you're considering this range, feel free to ask me questions. I'm not using it for 9 months out of the year, so I'm willing to live with it, and won't know any super-technical details.

  • 11 years ago

    What's not to love about
    the beauty of a Bertazzoni? That’s what I thought until I tried to
    operate it. I purchased the Pro induction range this summer as
    well. Looks beautiful, I chose the vino color upgrade. However,
    when I went to use the cooktop/hotplates, there was absolutely no power to the
    cooktop and display. (The oven did have power). Long story short, I
    received a defective range and the parts were not available in the US nor were
    these needed parts authorized yet to be released to the US, so my appliance
    dealer ordered another range and sent mine back. Next fiasco. New
    (#2) induction range arrives. Cooktop/hotplates seem to be
    operating correctly, Yeah! Power and display! However, the hold function
    on all 4 hotplates (between the 1 and the Off) designed to keep the cooking
    vessel warm for up to 2 hours, displays a U instead of the symbol indicated on
    the dial control knob and in the manual (3 "S" underlined). I
    am still waiting to find out if this should display a U or the 3 "S"
    underlined symbol and I have been waiting several weeks for that
    clarification. Noted, this is not a "U" underlined which
    indicates an error or improper cooking vessel. Perhaps Itislander knows
    the answer to my display symbol dilemma? Also, my oven lights (there are
    2) do stay on when it is running, so I have to assume that is by design. I actually do like that lighting as you don’t
    need to open the oven door to really see what’s happening inside. But, when I tried to use the oven to bake,
    the temps were all over the place. 425 went to 460 and some, and never
    went down. Totally impossible to regulate. I sat on the floor in
    front of the oven window for more than an hour monitoring my temperature gauge I
    had purchased and placed inside (as there is no other way to know because Bertazzoni
    failed to offer that basic feature) just trying to get to 425 and lost the
    battle. I then purchased a second oven thermometer just to verify
    that the oven temps were so way off and erratic. Confirmed. Another
    call to the dealer and another service visit. I am now waiting for a
    replacement thermostat and hopefully next week this issue could be
    resolved. I have not tried the other oven functions, as I couldn't get
    past the simple bake test yet. At this point I am almost afraid to use
    the other oven functions and find out something else is wrong. In
    summary, the Bertazzoni induction range is a looker but so far I am not at all
    impressed with performance, seemingly poor quality control, and not so
    knowledgeable Bertazzoni reps (not to mention unavailability of parts). When the service person was here and called a
    Bertazzoni tech rep about the wildly fluctuating oven temps, he was told that
    the dial control knob is “just a guide”.
    Really? Wondering if any other new owners are having
    issues? More to follow, and hopefully,
    resolution because I really do like induction cooking.

  • 11 years ago

    Sorry, I can't help with your "U" issue! But I really hope Bertazzoni Italy is reading this. The Florida service center is the opposite of helpful. I've posted to their FB site, but got a 1 sentence response.

    And your post reminded me that it's really irritating that the temperature knob IS just a guide (you have to guess at what temperature you've set the stove to) because there's nothing between 350 and 400, for example (I really need 375!) if I'm remembering the layout correctly.

  • 11 years ago

    The oven light staying on during baking is common with European ovens.

  • 11 years ago

    My Mieles are European (as was the Bosch that was replaced by the Bertazzoni) and none of the lights stayed on. Also, when I called Bertazzoni in the US, they INSISTED that the light was defective (or was installed improperly) and that it was supposed to go off. As I mentioned in my post above, the technician had to review the electrical diagram to determine that there was no switch to turn the light off.

  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    I never said there weren't any exceptions. Bosch and Miele are examples of European manufacturers who sell a relatively high volume in North America, and thus modified their products heavily for this market. You will find that the Bosch/Miele sold in the European market will have the light stay on during cooking, as is the case for smaller/niche imports here in North America, including Bertazzoni, Gaggenau, Fagor, and others.

    I agree that the service response was inexcusable.

  • 11 years ago

    My Mieles lights stays on. I think there is a setting in the newer Mieles to turn this off but I am not sure. I also had a Gaggenau before the Miele and the light stayed on too. I have a Miele H396BP series. this was the Novotronic with the knobs.

    Good luck!

  • 11 years ago

    Newer Miele ovens have a setting to keep the light on, on for a short period (15 sec), as well as an override button to turn light on or off.

  • 11 years ago

    My very old (8 years?) Miele ovens' lights turn off after a short while. I can always turn on the light manually.


  • 11 years ago

    Mine is a H387bp. I had to go look at the unit.


  • 11 years ago

    I've had a similar experience. I thought the light was defective as the light and oven fan (the cooling fan - not the convection fan) kick on even when its just in lighting mode. I also struggled to figure out the A function since the directions were incorrect. The Berta rep said the light was defective but then the repairman said it was the way its supposed to be. I really cant stand that the fan is on at all times when cooking. The looks however are much better than the Bosch or Miele. Luckily I don't cook much.

  • 10 years ago

    I had all but settled on a Bertazzoni Pro-Style induction range for a Florida vacation condo. These comments have worried me very much. Itislander: Where are you located in florida? I will be in Palm Beach County and would not want to buy a range knowing ahead of time that service is poor.


    I like the idea of the color options on this range (Viking has these as well but I have had poor experiences with a Viking gas range) and I also like knob controls, which Viking also features. This is a condo used only in winter months but I do cook a good deal and do not want headaches over malfunctioning appliances.


    Does anyone else have a Bertazzoni induction range and if so, what do you think?


    Thanks very much!

  • 10 years ago

    Hi ekscrunchy,

    I'm in Cape Cod, so we use our house mostly in the summer. I didn't want to spend the money on a Miele with knobs. If I had it to do all over again, I would get either a Fisher Paykel induction with knobs or the Samsung (much cheaper). The Fisher Paykel has very few reviews, so that and the cost stopped me.

  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    Thanks so much! I was so set on the Bertazzoni range for the knobs and the colors, and the fact that it is a brand with a long track record abroad. I am now re-thinking.

    With the color upgrade, the price really rises so (I can persuade myself) that is not as much of a jump to the Miele (need lots of persuasion and you can see my math skills are not good!!). Afraid of Samsung due to terrible recent experience with a Samsung refrigerator (repeatedly breaking down during summer heat waves, and I did not even have the model witih icemaker/water dispenser in the door). A good friend has had never-ending problems with Fisher and Paykel (frig, not range; the company actually took it back after repeated failure to repair). It is beginning to seem like it might be better to bite the bullet and go for the reliable option (Miele) rather than take a chance on what sounds like junk in your report and the other one, above.

  • 10 years ago

    I have been using the Bertazzoni Induction range in my home for 3+ months now. It is a really nice looking appliance and we get all sorts of comments from friends and family when they see it for the first time. The cooktop is awesome. Albeit, it replaced an old 60' GE coil top electric range, I can boil a pot of water in 2 minutes, nuts! The oven on the other hand has been difficult to use. It takes a lot of experimenting with the different settings and the temperature controls

  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    Jonahpo: Thank you! Do you think that would be the case with any induction range oven? Do you bake bread or pastries in it? I don't, if that matters, so the precision might not be a tremendous issue but still...

    The one I was planning to buy will replace an old electric stove also…Bertazzoni is so good looking that I admit I am swayed by the great looks and the availability of colors but in the end, I want a reliable pice of equipment and not one that I need to fiddle with too much or make endless repair calls.

  • 10 years ago

    Jonahpo, Please tell me, when you set your induction cooktop to holding function which is the first function before the 1, is your digital display symbol a "U" or the same as the dial and manual (3 squiggly's with a line underneath)? I have yet to get an answer from Bertazzoni on this question. Other than this symbol discrepancy, I agree with you that the cooktop is awesome, the overall appearance is beautiful, but the oven is challenging. I had the thermostat replaced as the service tech agreed it was off the charts, and is it operating better, but I still have issues with the higher temps. I'm thinking if I use it more frequently, I will adapt to exactly where to set the dial for better temperature control. Seems like it gets hot, hotter then it should, then levels back down. Initially I found myself overeager to adjust the dial but I think allowing more time for it to adjust without interference could be the key? Remaining optimistic...........

  • 10 years ago

    After two service calls I'm replacing my Bertazzoni induction range with the Bosch induction. It's only been a day with the Bosch but the quality differences are quite noticeable.

  • 10 years ago

    Sorry to hear that you had so much trouble. But curious as to how that exchange works..will the dealer replace it for just the cost difference? You are not out the price of the Berta, are you? Or is it a different dealer?


    Mine is scheduled to arrive this week and I admit that I am quite anxious about how it will work out! It will be my first time using an induction range.

  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    Brief update..range installed this week.. Today two burners do not appear to function.. I got the flashing "E" symbol alternating with flashing "9. I cannot find the "E" symbol in the manual. Burner does not heat up.

    No service available on weekends..

    The burner that did work does not seem to be very fast as it took almost 5 minutes to heat up about 5inches of water in stockpot.

    I heard what I wanted to hear and fell for the looks. I can only hope I can get this fixed without too much aggravation.. I am in South Florida and read the comment above about the service center here..will report back after I call them on Monday.

  • 10 years ago

    Dear ekscrunchy, Welcome to the club. There is no "e" in the manual. There is also no "U" in the manual when I use the "hold" function on the burners which is 3 squigglies underlined in the manual and on the control knob. I sent 3 messages off to Bertazzoni (to both the main company and after sales contact) with no response. My dealership sent the same message and they received a reply about the U underlined which is totally different and not associated with the "hold" function. So, my dealership received a stupid reply from Bertazzoni unrelated to the original question. Good luck ekscrunchy, I hope you get your problems resolved. By the way, if you get a chance can you tell me what happens when you are cooking on a burner, when you use the "hold" function (the symbol before the 1, do you get a U on the display or the squigglies underlined. Also, if you are not totally frustrated yet, wait till you try to bake something in the oven at a controlled temperature.

  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    Just tried it..turned to 9 and then went to "hold". I got the "U" not underlined.. is that the way it should be? Since it was installed four days ago I managed to saute a zucchini and boil two eggs.. I am barely exaggerating when I say that just about everything that could go wrong in a renovation has happened here. I am about ready to take a dive into the fake lake outside my condo.

    And now this stove.. two burners seem to work out if the four. Oven turns on but have almost been afraid to use it. Not to mention broken handle on the Liebherr fridge.


    I would like to know how Johnfpc managed to exchange his for a Bosch...did the retailer allow that?

  • 10 years ago

    Put your life vest on first (although if it is a fake lake, probably not very deep). Your burners most liekly can be fixed easily. A circuit board replacement or something like that. May even be a loose connection. Heck, you might get lucky and the part will be in country. If not, then they should get you another range. I actually wanted the Bosch Benchmark HIIP054U but the only dealer in my rural area is not an "elite" status Bosch dealer and cannot carry, or sell or service the Benchmark series at this time. That turned me off to Bosch in general, their policy of restricting which Bosch dealers can sell their latest product line. I also need a fairly local dealer that can provide the warranty servicing as well, so buying online wasn't an option. If you are unhappy, call your retailer and tell them why, might be able to work something out.

    The U not underlined is what's happening on my range. The function works as designed, though. Kind of a relief to know yours does the same thing, the display is just not what it is supposed to be according to the manual and the dial knob.

    If all else fails, just stare at it and think what a great looking appliance it is!

  • 10 years ago

    UPDATE to ongoing saga: Repair person (Dolling's in West Palm Beach, good reputation in the area) was here today to see about non-working burners on new Bertazzoni induction range. He seemed very competent in general but had not worked on a Berta induction before. Tried to fix; phoned Bertazzoni and after quite a long wait on the phone, was told that we need a new part. BUT there are no such parts in the US right now and we will have to wait "30 days" for one to be sent from Italy. Phoned retailer who promised to look into this for us.

  • 10 years ago

    UPDATING: Good news is that appliance repair person from Dolling's is very thorough; have become acquainted through several visits to repair both Bertazzoni stove and Liebherr fridge. Bad news: Still waiting for Bertazzonni stove part to be sent from Italy. More good news: Broken handle from fridge has arrived so will be fixed tomorrow during another appt with repair service.

  • 10 years ago

    UPDATE: Bertazzoni range could not be repaired, even with new parts. Retailer arranged for replacement range, which has been delivered.

  • 10 years ago

    Is your replacement another Bertazzoni induction? After a series of setbacks with my Bertazzoni (to include a replacement for the first one delivered), it has been functioning OK. Waiting for parts to be shipped from Italy is a no go, though, too bad you had to endure that process.

  • 10 years ago

    Yes, the replacement is the same 30" black range.. I've not cooked on it yet but did check all burners on delivery and all seems ok..but overall a most discouraging experience with my first-ever induction range.

  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    I would urge anyone interested in Bertazzoni to exercise CAUTION. I own their beautiful professional range, 90cm oven with induction top. When we first plugged it the fan oven is was so noisy it was virtually unusable, especially in an open kitchen. We got it "repaired" but it didn't change anything and the repairman gave up, saying there was nothing he could do with this machine. Two and a half years after getting it (and using exclusively the traditional oven) the induction packed up! But worst of all is the total lack of response and support from the company. Their distributor in my country seems to have changed or disappeared and Bertazzoni is totally ignoring my calls for help and information as to what to do. I'm left to call independent repairmen and nobody wants to come near it.

    I now have a 5K door-stopper. My Bertazzoni range is my worst purchase EVER, on EVERY level - build quality, customer service, you name it. That'll teach me buying something because it looks good.

    Go online (actually, just read this particular thread!), you'll find many, many people complaining how poor quality this brand is, which won't stop Bertazzoni from charging you big bucks and presenting themselves as a luxury brand. They've got a nice little system going, thinking there will always be suckers who will throw caution to the wind because their stuff looks really nice. And there are - I was one of them! I honestly feel I've been scammed.

    I live in Europe, an hour away from Italy, so I can only imagine that it's even worse if one lives overseas.

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Hi there,

    We are sorry to hear about your experience with Bertazzoni. Please know that we take product complaints seriously, and would love to connect you to a product specialist.

    Kindly send us a direct message (http://www.houzz.com/pro/bertazzoni/bertazzoni) with your name, number/email, location, dealer (if you used one) and product model number, and we will have someone reach out to you directly.

    Thank you,

    The Bertazzoni Team

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Hi Jean,

    We apologize again for the inconvenience you had with your Bertazzoni. We encourage all of our customers to contact us directly so that we may work with them one-on-one to better understand their experiences. Most issues are case-by-case and are very dependent on several factors, including kitchen layout, model and year of purchased product, training around product use, etc. As a result, we have been able to help many customers have a better Bertazzoni experience.


    We have distributors throughout the US. By learning more about where a customer's product was purchased and where they are located, we are able to direct them to the closest service support, if needed. We have also set up a Customer Care email address for our North American customers for additional support: customercareUSACAN@bertazzoni.com.


    Again, should you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us via our Customer Care email address or directly through Houzz (http://www.houzz.com/pro/bertazzoni/bertazzoni).

    Thank you,

    The Bertazzoni Team


  • 5 years ago

    Anyone have any recent experiences with the Bertazzoni induction range? Supposedly they had an overhaul in 2018 to address issues people had. Debating on getting one, but not many reviews still!

  • 5 years ago

    I still have the original model. Frankly with all the issues I had upon purchase 5-6 yrs ago, Bertazzoni should have offered me the upgrade as a courtesy. I gave up using the oven (no thermostat indicator which has since been added in 2018). I ended up purchasing a Breville Smart Oven countertop to compensate, and pretty much do all my baking with that. It's a quieter solution, much more energy efficient, and I don't have to constantly be bent down to check the temperature gauges I purchased and added to the inside of the Bertazzoni oven to see if it is even close to the accurate temp I am attempting to achieve via the dial. On the bright side of things, the induction top on my Bertazzoni still works fine. The unit looks great, just not functional and never will be for my oven needs. I only regret that I didn't wait for the 2018 model which seemingly offered some improvement. I remain disappointed with Bertazzoni lack of customer service in the USA.

  • 4 years ago

    DO NOT BUY!!!! I have three induction stoves. This one is the most expensive, and the WORST. It is primitively designed compared to the others. The strong point is that it is stylish. The negatives are many. It doesn't have a clock, a timer, any visible electronics, and you have to bend over to look at the control knobs. It's induction, but otherwise a year 1950 stove.

  • 4 years ago

    I have the 36" Master series induction range and I love it and bought it because the design is basic. It bakes like a dream, love the knobs for the burners as opposed to the slides and the burners are very responsive.

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations