Software
Houzz Logo Print
katie_williamson

All these cracks! What to do, should we be worried?

13 years ago
My husband and I moved into a ranch style home in August. Our home was built in the 1960's. We purchased the house from an elderly man who built the house himself and lived in it all his life with his family.

The house has been well maintained and cared for. Although my husband and I are starting to see the inevitable signs of aging. Please see the pictures attached for a better understanding of what I mean. We had an inspection prior to purchase, most of the issues are cosmetic but we are not sure how to repair the problems. We would like to start painting but some of the walls are warped i.e.; if you run your hand over the surface the wall is not flat but slightly bumpy (for lack of a better description). Also we are seeing multiple cracks in the walls, see photos below. Lastly we have a vaulted ceilings upstairs and we can see where nails from the roof in our ceiling.

Any suggestions on these issues would be appreciated. Like I mentioned we are eager to start painting.
Thanks

Comment (1)