Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kdockrey

need help picking out bedside nightstands and lamps

Kelley Dockrey
9 years ago
I need some suggestions for nightstands and table lights. the room currently has a headboard in it and two tiny nightstands that are very flimsy and they will be gone soon. the bedroom is part of a suite. it opens into a bathroom. (see third image) and a closet area. it has recessed low voltage lighting around the perimeter, two overhead recessed reading lights, and is wired for center ceiling light / chandelier, which I still need to purchase.

the room is small (12'4" x 12' 9'). the bed is on the longer wall. the bed faces a TV that is recessed into the wall. I do not plan to have any furniture in the room, but the bed, night stands, and chair.

the queen size headboard looks like it has some French country influence. n it has a distressed crackle finish. it is of little value. thus, I may not keep it, but I have not found a headboard that fits the space better. I suspect that it will go once I decide to purchase a king size bed. I would prefer that the nightstands be small enough so that the 12'9" wall can accommodate a king size bed in the future. the height of this bed and my next bed will be 22 1/4" tall.

I would like one of the nightstands to have a drawer.

given the limited furnishings of the room, I would guess that matching night stands would be better.

I have looked at mirrored boxy nightstands with drawers. they seemed a little bulky.

any comments are suggestions would be helpful.

Comment (1)