Software
Houzz Logo Print
joblade

So pretty! Who designed this?

11 years ago
Garden Spaces · More Info

Comments (15)

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    Dabah landscape designs

    joblade thanked Dabah Landscape Designs
  • 11 years ago

    Thanks for the reply! Where is it located?

  • PRO
  • 11 years ago

    This photo is remarkably similar to a project designed by Bill Phinney in Cambridge, MA.

    http://www.billphinney.com/portfolio/morningside

  • 11 years ago

    Love the color combination.

  • 11 years ago

    love this design , thank you for inspiring me to try this in my front yard :)


  • 11 years ago

    @Junglans- Bill Phinney's work is impressive. There is no resemblance in his work however. The only thing that appeared similar was the white color of the fence…. This work captured here by Dabah landscapes is a unique and refreshing blend….. Phinney's work appears more sophisticated not light and refreshing in my opinion….

  • 11 years ago

    @hallmank11- I need to speak out here. This is a stock photo taken by Jorge Salcedo, a Cambridge, MA photographer and I would bet it is the property. Take a look, Shutterstock's identification of the plant material is more spot on than the designer's response as was noticed by other commenters. http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-44072212/stock-photo-white-fence-and-flower-bed-with-pink-roses-salvia-sage-catmint-and-lady-s-mantel-colorful.html Google stock photo roses on a fence and you will see more angles of this property, more than can be found on the designers actual website. To say that the white fence is the only resemblance is naïve, that fence is a dead match and quite unique, as is the bluestone grade beam it sits on. We need to be conscious that the Houzz website is a tool for homeowners to link to professionals and the use of stock photos, potentially other designer's work, is disingenuous.

  • 11 years ago

    I was so curious about this post. I decided to contact the photographer, Jorge Salcedo. He said, "The house is on Brattle St in Cambridge, MA." Not in CT. He doesn't know the designer.

  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    Busted. Great sleuthing mironovich.

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    I get where you're going with this but I have used this combo and design over and over on many properties. It always looks great and continually flowers. Sometimes I change it up and use spirea, lavander, catmint etc but it's also a combination that many designers have been using for a long time.

  • 8 years ago

    Wow, impressive. Not only did you copy the exact fence and planting design as the one Jorge Salcedo photographed on Brattle St in Cambridge MA , but you even got the neighbor to redesign their fence as well so that your CT project and its neighborhood would look just like the one on Brattle St.

  • 4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

    This is indeed NOT their design. How do I know? Because if you reverse image search, you can find the designer and literally the exact photo which they borrowed from here:

    https://www.gardenia.net/garden/a-welcoming-hedge-denise-dering-design

    They didn't just "design something similar" they bought the stock photo of the design to pass off as their own work.