Software
Houzz Logo Print
jacks29

Jenn Air Counter Depth Refrigerator

11 years ago

Hi,

We will probably be getting the Jenn Air counter depth refrigerator, and I am very happy about it (unless someone here tells me otherwise). My question is, one store said, it's the same refrigerator as the Viking one, another store said it's the same refrigerator as the Bosch and Kitchen Aid. Is this true? Are there any other instances like this with appliances? The weird thing is that Consumer Reports rates the Jenn Air fridge higher than the Viking.


Comments (6)

  • 11 years ago

    I am having the same problem. We are looking at the 42" Jenn Air. It does look a lot like the Kitchen Aid and some others (I suspect there aren't many people actually manufacturing a 42") but I, too, have heard mixed information from appliance sales people. I would say this is pretty typical of these brands (Viking, Kitchen Aid) something else labeled with their brand, but its always interesting because pricing, sales, trim kits, etc can differ. I don't put a lot of weight on Consumer Reports reviews, I have been burned in the past and you will see many others in these forums also disagree with their reviews.

  • 11 years ago

    Jenn Air, Dacor and Thermador 42" and 48" fridges are all re-badged Kitchenaids.


  • 11 years ago

    I have a 36" JA CD fridge and it's a gussied up Maytag. I mean it's fine, for what it is - a nice premium-looking consumer-level fridge. In nine years I've replaced a capacitor, the gasket, the wheel adjusters rusted solid so I had to replace the full set, and the stupid drawer cover always pops off (that gets soooo aggravating) . Otherwise we really like the fridge - keeps food cold when the door stays shut, which it doesn't always do - but we try to remember to give it a final check and nudge it closed.

  • 11 years ago

    I read on this forum that the JA, KitchenAid (Architect model?) , and Bosch CD French door refrigerator are all made by the same manufacturer, (can't remember if it was whirlpool) with slight differences. (I tried searching for the thread but couldn't find it. I believe HVTECH42 mentioned it.) I'm planning on the Bosch model. The salesman said the same as above and added that it is also the same as Thermador, with different handles.


  • 11 years ago

    we got a CD FD kitchen aid fridge 3 years ago. and yes - it is a rebranded whirlpool. we had a chance to compare whirlpool, kitchenaid, and viking side-by-side at the time of purchase in the same store on the floor. they are all the same with different accessories - like rubber mat for milk in kitchen aid, heavier handle for viking etc. recently we saw that Bosch "came up" with counter depth french door fridge. the reason we ended up with kitchenaid in the first place is because three years ago Bosch didn't have a CD french door fridge - all our other appliances were Bosch, would have been nice to get a fridge from Bosch as well, probably could have negotiated a deeper package discount. But no - we couldn't. So we went to look at this new Bosch CD FD fridgein January - ha! it's the same kitchen aid we have. Yes, LED lighting is "nicer" but... $700 more than we paid for KA. Store associate said - yes, they are all whirlpool.