Software
Houzz Logo Print
amarie978

What paint color for a living room with brick wall?

11 years ago

Hi

I'm a new homeowner and trying to figure out what to do with my living room. It's small (a Cape Cod style house) with a big picture window. We are getting a sofa and small recliner in a charcoal gray color (the recliner fabric will actually have some flecks of light gray and blue in it as well). My issue is how to complement the brick wall. I thought about white washing it but my fiance hates that idea, so I'm trying to come up with a way to use the brick as is (for now anyway). I want to get rid of the greige but I don't know what shades to look for. I always liked bolder wall colors and hate pastels but not sure if my likes will "go" with this brick wall, especially with some of the bricks painted white already.

*this is a pic from the listing, not our actual furniture


Comments (11)