Software
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_22866066

Rabbit catch and release

11 years ago

I've researched all options for removing the rabbit that lives under my porch. Local coyotes and my own dog apparently get along with it.

I have tried every commercial and homemade deterrent, to no avail.

I am not opposed to using a pellet gun, but frankly, don't prefer this option in my neighborhood, where there are many small children. Not that I'd miss, but I'd be mortified if they found out I was a bunny killer. I'm otherwise known as a nice lady.

I know it's still under my porch, because it has trimmed an adjacent kerria japonica down to stubs this winter. I also see the tracks.

I'm going to buy a trap for catch and release. Will the rabbit get violent when caught in the trap? If I catch it, I may have to temporarily hide it from my family and neighbors until I can sneak away with it to release. If I have to keep it in the trap in the corner of the garage for a few hours, will it scream or otherwise make noise?

Yes, I know about the trap and release laws in my state.

Comments (3)