Software
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer_coon

Where can we find/purchase this top mantle piece?

13 years ago
Ted & Rosie's · More Info

Comments (6)

  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Hi Jennifer, the mantle and the hearth are each fabricated on site from solid slabs of 1" thick slate.
    You can find large slate like we used from www.echeguren.com/ Echeguren Slate in San Francisco. They have the best selection of slate slabs I know of in the Bay Area. I think they can do fabrication there as well. Though I am not sure of installation. If you are not in the Bay Area, I expect you can find suppliers of slate slabs in other major metro areas. Have fun with this! Thamby Kumaran
  • 13 years ago
    Thanks so much for the quick and helpful response. Your work is beautiful.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Thanks for your kind comment. Good luck on making your project just wonderful.
  • 13 years ago
    Hi - is that silver sand slate tile in the background?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Hi Tara, if my memory serves me, the tile is quartzite. We used it outside at the entry porch, the entry, into the first public spaces and further into the kitchen. It did come out beautifully. Thanks, Thamby
  • 13 years ago
    Thank you. I love the combo; we're planning much the same in a more traditional design.