Software
Houzz Logo Print
atharaenea

Slug/cockroach problem

11 years ago

Something ate the heads off 4 of my hyacinths before they even had a chance to open up. There's also holes in some of the leaves. So I suspected slugs, and set out beer traps for them.

So far, I have caught no slugs, but dozens of cockroaches. When I went to change out the beer, there were 3 slugs hiding in the dirt UNDER the beer dishes! The tops of the dishes are level with the ground, so they had to squeeze their way down in there, and completely ignore the beer.

So I have a couple questions: first, could all the cockroaches be the real culprits, and second, how do I get the stupid slugs to drown themselves?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting