Software
Houzz Logo Print
stanreader

What kind of wood siding is this and did you treat it? How do you make sure that there is no leaking behind i

13 years ago
This is really good looking.
Ten Acre Meadow · More Info

Comments (9)

  • 13 years ago
    Thank you so much. Do you know whether it is vertical grain or flat grain? I would like to reproduce this exact look on a barn house I am building.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    As I recall it was vertical grain.
  • 12 years ago
    love the natural siding
  • 12 years ago
    How did you leave room for expansion contraction between the boards ?
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    It is t&g cedar, installed with a 1/16" to 1/8" gap for any expansion in width
  • PRO
    11 years ago

    How long did it take to look like this? There is so much out there saying not to leave red cedar untreated, then you see gorgeous stuff like this.

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    It took a 2-3 years to gray out and it continues to age gracefully. No issues with it untreated.

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    Ok great, thanks for the answer. Is it clear or knotty? Are you saying you left a gap between each groove or just on the top and bottom? Thanks very much. I'll have to keep looking to try to predict if it will grey out like this in my Montana climate.