Software
Houzz Logo Print
lisaharp

Entryway

13 years ago
I just finished decorating part of my entryway. Do I need to frame the picture? Do I need something above the small table by door? If so, what?

Comments (18)

  • PRO
    13 years ago
    An entryway as grand as yours would benefit from a larger area rug. Something with pattern and colour to add interest will dress it up nicely.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    nice enrty, the picture seems small for the space so it you can return it I would and find something a bit more colorful, or frame it. I'd turn the rug to be inline with the door
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I would also reduce the wattage of the bulb in the lamp a 20 somehting is plenty high enough, then pull the chairs away from the wall so that they are not touching the wall 2" inches or so
  • 13 years ago
    Consider a round rug to play off the eased round staircase.

    Gary, I see you've had more than 2 cups :) anyway, I always appreciate your comments btw. Have a great day.
  • 13 years ago
    Love your chairs. Is that a family photo? The black n white doesn't seem to "go" for me. Sepia tone with a more ornate frame would work better with what you have. At door way, something "tall" to conceal the electronics - a nice rubber plant perhaps? And yes - a larger entry way rug.
  • 13 years ago
    If you are attached to the picture and want it displayed in the foyer, I would add smaller pictures to it, creating a collage on the angled wall. With the small table by the door, I would place a tall vase to the right of the temperature control with flowers or greeenery. By the way, I love the rich color of your chairs!
  • 13 years ago
    You need a round table, somewhat lower, for these two formal velvet?? chairs. The picture looks to be a family member and I prefer those to be in more private areas of the home. Try a much larger and more formal rug for the entry. The mix of different styles and levels of formality and casualness are not working for me. The ultimate entry treatment for me, when you have a curving staircase, is a lovely round foyer table, topped with a floral arrangement and grounded with a gorgeous rug.
    Southern Mississippi · More Info

    Traditional Staircase · More Info
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I heald back as I thought she was finished.....but with the other comments, I'd remove one chair and add a larger round table, or if there is an option to return the chairs, return both and have only a table and a different 3 x 5 or 4 x 6 area rug running in-line with the front door.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    chairs will not be used in the area fro 'visiting' so go the practical route and une a great table
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Yuk, I hate round rugs unless they are room size made to measure, I even have difficulty with Barack's
  • 13 years ago
    You could keep the two velvet chairs and place them on either side of the front door. Also a larger entry carpet turned the other way. I am with everyone else -- just a beautiful round table and large
    floral arrangement.
  • 13 years ago
    I would remove the picture above chair and pull chairs out a little. They too close to wall. Also a larger rug by front door.
  • 13 years ago
    So pretty! Remove the picture and add a rug!!
  • 13 years ago
    Wow thanks for the feedback! It's a "work in progress". I'm thinking I'm going to put that photo with the other 3 I'm planning on putting up the stairway. So 4 canvas prints with scones at either end. Here's a picture for an "idea". I'm sure I'm going to need more because the wall is huge.
  • 13 years ago
    The picture didn't show the scones.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Agreeing with the other comments I would like to add changing the paint color of the walls to a cooler color maybe a grey on the blue side. I think it will let your decor stand out more.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Pop of color. http://bit.ly/XAcBov