Software
Houzz Logo Print
cbgonzalez11

Pottery Barn Outdoor Furniture - Is it worth the $$ ??

11 years ago

In love with the Pottery Barn Torrey Outdoor Sectional for my deck at the beach. Husband is in love with Costco & Amazon sets that are 1/2 the price & have lots of more pieces. Anyone have experience with Pottery Barn outdoor furniture? is it worth the hefty price? I really need durable furniture due to the weather conditions at my beach home. Thanks!

Comments (22)

  • 11 years ago

    sit on them. the proof is in the booty. or something.

    we ended up with telescope furniture with really deep cushions. they almost look silly but you dont bottom out, you can sit in them til you're burned to a crisp.

    you get what you pay for.

    telescope MGP Leeward

  • 11 years ago

    Costco. It is beautiful, sturdy and a lot less expensive.


  • 11 years ago
    At the minimum, make sure that you use sunbrella fabric for your cushions
  • 11 years ago

    Love Pottery Barn and their stuff is usually made well. Pictures would help. Also do you really NEED all the other pieces thrown in with the less expensive set? I agree that the cushions can make a huge difference, and how replaceable are they... just square or fit to the piece of furniture? I love my set but now that the cushions are fading a bit... after 7 years or so, realize I can't just go out and buy more... maybe I can squeeze a square one in there somehow!

  • 6 years ago

    cbgonzalez11 - Did you happen to get the Torrey outdoor sectional from Pottery Barn? If so, how is it holding up? I am interested in potentially purchasing it, but am having difficulty finding reviews. We do not have a covered deck so I am also interested in how well it withstands the elements. Hope you are staying healthy during this crazy time! Thanks in advance for any response.

  • 6 years ago

    I was annoyed when I tried to put a review of an outdoor table on Pottery Barn and they don't let you - well not surprising. I bought the Abbott rectangular table and after 2 years the entire top looks like crap. There are many cracks and areas of hundres of little pockmocks or tiny holes where the finish has come off. It's an OUTDOOR table for goodness sake. We put it in the garage in the winter yet still it needs to be replaced already. Looks really cool at first but absolutely not worth $2000!



  • 6 years ago

    Don’t buy pottery barn outdoor furniture... it chips and peels after one season and they offer no customer service. Not worth the money.

  • 6 years ago

    Pic

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    I bought the chatham outdoor sofa and was pleased with it. It went together easily, the cushions were nice and it was comfortable. But, why doesn't pottery barn put up reviews? Everyone else does? And - they have very poor customer service. I had an issue with them regarding another order and even though I was being very reasonable, one of their representatives hung up on me. When I called back to talk with someone there was a lack of concern about my initial issue or the way I was treated (the hang up). I just don't give them my money any more.

  • 6 years ago

    We bought a table there. Very satisfied. As for prices, they have retail outlets, and besides, you can always bargain for "demo models". Good luck!

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    Why would you consider an outlet that does not market itself as "outdoor" there are PLENTY of places that do for that amount of money. They do design..they don't do hold up to WEATHER.

  • 5 years ago

    @mckechbath, Is this metal from Pottery Barn. I am considering the indio metal set which is powder coated aluminum.

  • 5 years ago

    Anyone used the Huntington collection?

  • 5 years ago

    Pottery barn outdoor wood furniture is crap. The “wicker” Torrey furniture seems to be humdinger up well. But like other reviewers the wood peels and cracks after one year in California mild climate even when you cover it and don’t use it. Huge waste of money .

  • 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    I have the Huntington sectional on my screened porch and it has held up perfectly over the last 4 years. I only cover it in the winter. Otherwise it sits out and takes a beating from rain and pollen despite the screens. The cushions are comfortable but the natural color will stain and requires fequent washing (but I am pleased with the ability to remove the cushion covers and put them in the washing machine). I am so happy with the all-weather wicker material that I am looking into buying other outdoor lounge items for my patio.

  • 4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

    After the experiences with what was supposed to be a comfy living room chair and upholstered dining chairs, I'm pretty much done with anything in the indoor chair department with them. The living room chair's cushioning on the arms was a joke and within a year I had my arm pretty much on the wood beneath it.

    With the dining chairs, OMG! What a nightmare! Firs they sent chair in the wrong color and fabric. I had ordered 8 chairs from them!!! It took most of the summer to get it rectified, literally 4 months and then when I finally got them, the seams were different on half of them. The customer service was at least helpful, but the quality control is awful.

    I am right now temped to try the outdoor wicker in hopes of having better luck, but I'm leery. Good luck!

  • 3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

    Outdoor pool set--Malibu. Rusted after a few weeks and damaged floor. Do not buy. Pottery barn offered a merchandise card and told me I need to package it myself for UPS. Won't ever offer UPS pick up.

  • 3 years ago

    Bought the Pottery Barn Torrey Wicker furniture a few months ago - 2 grand sofas and 2 club chairs. Kept it covered on our deck while we finished our house remodel. Uncovered it this Spring after 6 months of hardly any use, and one of the Torrey sofas has at least 9 BROKEN PIECES. The other 3 pieces are OK, so clearly this 1 sofa was brittle to begin with?! Even though we kept them covered with expensive CUSTOM covers, PB, Williams-Sonoma B2B team said they will NOT honor the warranty because we didn't cover them with PB covers AND we didn't put the furniture indoors during the winter! WTH!! That is ridiculous, I live in California and we don't have "inclement" weather as they said. BOTTOM LINE: our Torrey Wicker Sofa lasted a few months before deteriorating, even though it was covered when not in use. I love the look, but devastated by their lack of customer service on this issue.






  • 2 years ago

    RH outdoor is amazing..much better quality

  • 2 years ago

    Pottery Barn makes their furniture so that no other cushions will fit, fyi. So, down the road you end up buying cushions that don't exactly fit because Pottery Barn discontinued your style of patio couch and cushions.


    I'd try Amazon or Costco.

  • 2 years ago

    There are many stores on line that can suit your fancy for good outdoor comfort, quality and style furniture. Just takes a little time to search.