Software
Houzz Logo Print
paulabilderback

Help with rearrangement. (We need the sofa here for now.)

11 years ago


Comments (18)

  • 11 years ago

    Not clear what you're asking. Which chair should go where? There aren't many degrees of freedom here...


  • 11 years ago

    I should have asked if any changes should be made to finishing touches, or does it look fine the way it is?

  • 11 years ago

    Cause I have photo-book called "dealing with tv" I'll post this - others do this too. Your lamps at tv are tiny, but it's the period at the end of the sentence, nothing 'bigger' - is the light helpful there?

    Cat Mountain, Greenbelt Homes, Austin TX · More Info

    Paula Bilderback thanked everdebz
  • 11 years ago

    Another of my tv thoughts: when I see the contrast of white pictures near a big black tv - to me it draws the eye to that wall, so I don't favor the white for there. Other things, different story.

  • 11 years ago

    Move the rug so that it's under the sofa.

    Paula Bilderback thanked er612
  • 11 years ago

    To everdebz - What do you mean about "it's the period at the end of the sentence, nothing 'bigger' -" I don't get that. And yes, the light is helpful there as when we watch TV, it's nice to have light there so there isn't so much contrast between the bright TV and the darkness surrounding it.

    Concerning the 'white' on either side of the TV .. you would suggest something black instead?


  • 11 years ago

    Will do, er612!


  • 11 years ago

    Well they are small items and black like the tv [which is the sentence] I wouldn't worry about them cause they aren't a décor obstruction, being only as big as a period.... I'm amused at my attempt.... does that make sense?

    Paula Bilderback thanked everdebz
  • 11 years ago

    Flair Lighting .. I get it, but with the chairs only on the sides, neither of them can see TV.


  • PRO
    11 years ago

    then put the two chairs side by side facing the fireplace. how many people need to watch the tv at once? please turn the rug so i can see...


  • 11 years ago

    After you turn the rug, I would switch the upholstered chair with the wood chair so the upholstered chairs are on either side of TV. There are no other lights in the room except the 2 on TV console so I add some lamps.

  • 11 years ago

    Remove the lamps from the TV console. Get a floor lamp for the corner instead. Remove the ironwork above the TV.

    Move the objects from the ends of the mantel toward the center. It's OK, desirable even, for them to overlap the medallion. That way all your objects are connected and relate to each other. (I do love the white vases and candlesticks against the stone.)

    Agree with flair that the rug needs to turn. Then I think you'll be done and lookin' good.


  • PRO
    11 years ago

    what happened to the poster... I really wish we could see some of the suggested changes.


  • 11 years ago

    Remove the wooden chair altogether. Remove the iron decorative piece above the TV. The lamp next to the TV crowds the TV stand and ads no value.

  • 11 years ago
    Can the sofa face your beautiful fireplace??? That would be a nice focal point and open up the flow to the other room... :)
  • 11 years ago

    What a beautiful space you have created. The TV wall alone is so pleasing. It is to nice, it competes with your fabulous fireplace wall. Objective advice I once got was "sometimes you need to undecorate, not decorate. I say undecorate TV wall and love your room.

  • 11 years ago

    Sometimes a tv is like the necessary parking lot: you want to make it nice as possible with some plantings... a tv can be "made up" a little too with vases or lamps nearby... if you like it, and of course your white art too, ok. I wasn't saying you shouldn't have white, but just wondered about something that would seem even more invisible against wall color.... how are you doing?

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz