Software
Houzz Logo Print
yfalcon

How does this look?

11 years ago
Because I am completely exhausted from looking at different granites, I wanted to put this out there - this is the 2nd, 3rd, or possibly 4th granite I've chosen. I think this IS IT - What do you think of the White Ice granite with the white cabinet and the arabesque backsplash, and what color grout would you use - white or a light gray?

Comments (16)

  • 11 years ago

    Looks great!!

    Momof4 thanked jck910
  • 11 years ago

    The pictures above were my inspiration :)

  • 11 years ago

    Yolando, it looks terrific! Personally, I would choose a backsplash without a lot of pattern so it doesn't compete with the granite. The arabesque is nice, but my choice would be subway tiles in the lightest color in your granite with the same color grout.

    Momof4 thanked chloebud
  • PRO
    11 years ago

    Great! Love the arabesque. Use white grout.

    Momof4 thanked Brickwood Builders, Inc.
  • 11 years ago

    Yes...I agree on a white grout with the arabesque. Your search for the right granite really paid off.

    Momof4 thanked chloebud
  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    When I set off to do a kitchen renovation, I had a subway tile in mind. But then I found that I kept gravitating to Arabesque. I received many samples, some were very expensive - and the one you see above is the only one that was simple enough to not compete with the granite(as they have so much movement) and it has specks of silver and gold - that you can't see in any picture I've taken - but when the light hits it - it's totally glorious.

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    Looks fabulous! How large is your backsplash? The small arabesque will provide wonderful texture, but you could go with a large set if you wanted. The granite is a great way to mix up the white cabinets and backsplash too. Good call! What do you plan for the hardware?

    Momof4 thanked AQ Lighting Texas, Inc.
  • 11 years ago

    The backslash is 12x12 and I looked at the larger tiles, one of the many samples I ordered, and this one worked the best. As for hardware, I am still looking at those, and thought I would wait for everything to be in-place so I can hold them up against something. The flooring is a wide plank wood like porcelain tile.


  • 11 years ago
    Lovely all around!! Go for it! Beautiful!
    Momof4 thanked Palig
  • 11 years ago
    Your choices are perfect! I agree that a white grout would work well. Do you mind sharing the color/manufacturer information on the backsplash? I absolutely LOVE it!
    Momof4 thanked Jennifer
  • PRO
    11 years ago

    I think you have made a great choice on these 3 items! I would use white grout!

    Momof4 thanked Sara Carte
  • 11 years ago
    Love it!!
    Momof4 thanked dapperdannybaseball
  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    Looks like your combination is pefect from the reviews and I would also suggest white grout as well, so that it doesn't become too busy with the granite. Enjoy your new kitchen.

    Momof4 thanked Maureen
  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago


    The backsplash is a Greecian White Arabesque - purchased via my contractor and I believe it's from MSInternational.

  • 11 years ago

    Love it. Be sure to pick your actual slab of granite to be used as one may be busier than another. Personally I would rather go with a quartz as they can be much the same look with much easier upkeep. You will love your beautiful new kitchen.

    Momof4 thanked sandradclark
Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Franklin Cnty OH