Software
Houzz Logo Print
ccmey

farm sinks

11 years ago
Could I get some advice (for a young couple who don't like high maintenance ) from someone regarding sinks, they like the look of farm house style? fire clay vs cast iron? is chipping a real concern with both? Are they really a lot higher maintenance than stainless steel? thanks for any input.
California Cottage in Altadena · More Info

Comments (2)

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    Definitely have them look at Fireclay. This is a cost effective and durable choice that holds up better than cast iron in my opinion. The grid at the bottom is a great accessory too.

  • 11 years ago
    I get that general opinion about fireclay vs cast iron, but I see many comments on Houzz about chipping and cracking of fireclay sinks too. I'm trying to determine if it's really worth the investment. Should we just stick with stainless steel?
Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner