Software
Houzz Logo Print
iwantwalls

Maybe temporary solution for front yard: just planters

11 years ago
I'm looking for at least a temporary way to dress up a section of our front yard. We somewhat hastily ripped out the bushes under these windows (preparing for drainage work, bushes too high, wanted diverging different). we have a nice garden area on the other end of the house in the front yard so I wanted to do diverging simple, different, and maybe colorful under the windows in e photo.

My main idea is to clean up the mulch, border the area, and put 3-5 large (2ft high) planters there. I took some photos today of planters that inspire me.

I'm thinking of putting a low plant in there that I can move with the planter to the backyard if needed or wanted.

Does that seem crazy?

As for colors, I plan to remove the burgundy on the house (the shutters, replace the front door, and a decorative element). I've been into the teal/turquoise thing but would like beige or gray here.

It seems hard to find images of front yard with just planters. I usually see them with bushes or incorporated into a larger, diverse garden.

Some facts: we just bought this house and I am a newbie to gardening/landscaping.

Comments (7)