Software
Houzz Logo Print
palmerem

Kitchen

11 years ago
I need to brighten and update

Comments (17)

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    Your kitchen seems pretty bright already. Just declutter to make it feel more airy and open.

  • 11 years ago
    I want to make it decluttered but the backsplash is busy and don't know what to change it to to in busy the counter top as well the part over the stove is a waste
  • 11 years ago

    Please take a picture that shows the backsplash. Stainless steel appliances would help to update your kitchen. An updated range hood is needed.

  • 11 years ago

    I have white appliances. .Your cabinets look more cream colored, so the white appliances look too stark. You might have to change appliances.

  • 11 years ago
    I would suggest updating the appliances to stainless steel and the range hood as well. Just them two things will make a HUGE difference!
  • 11 years ago

    I would replace your backsplash with simple white subway tile. There is no need to replace your appliances. Do you want to keep the granite on the island? If so, I would choose a contrasting shade for a manufactured countertop. Otherwise, I would install the same material on the island.

  • 11 years ago
    I agree that upgrading to stainless steel appliances would be very helpful. Also swapping out the backsplash and choosing a lighter color for that far wall will all help! Good luck! Start by painting the wall, it is the most cost effective way to update a space.
  • 11 years ago
    An off white or cream color similar to the cabinets would be great!
  • 11 years ago
    Unfortunately can't afford new appliances. They work fine
  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    You could use penny tiles and maybe white quartz on the counters. You could add a colorful runner, edit/put away many of the items on the counter to make it look more spacious and change the hardware to cupped handles. Adding some great lighting over the island is an idea (not sure what you already have). Reaccessorize the shelving above the stove for a nicer look - such as matching pottery. All pretty easy fixes.

    Manchester - Charleston, SC · More Info

    Safavieh Cambridge CAM232A, Brown, White, 6'x9' Rug · More Info

  • 11 years ago
    I like the granite on the island but the other counter is tiles. Don't like!
  • 11 years ago

    Walls are a very dark color--if you want to "brighten" the whole area change the wall color. Also, white appliances don't look good with off white cabinets.

  • PRO
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    you are on a great white color fight.........the fridge the cabinets the stove and then the white trim around the windows. that is the real distraction here. then you have beige floors and wood work. you need to pick what you need to keep, what you can change and how much you really want to do here.

  • 11 years ago
    What about repainting the adjoining room to a lighter color? That is pretty dark.
  • 11 years ago

    Again, no need to replace your appliances. They look great and will look even better with white subway tile. Here's a kitchen with a granite island combined with tan perimeter counters (unfortunately there's no info but you could bring the pic to wherever you get the countertop)...

    Traditional Kitchen · More Info

  • 11 years ago

    Here's my mockup attempt...

    The counter looks too dark in the second photo. Basically, I would look for material that's a lighter shade of the floor.