Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ccarri

I need help on wall decor !

clari
8 years ago
I need help with wall decor above the sofa with the colors that I already have I like modern stuff and I'm on a budget so something reasonable . Thank you

Comments (24)

• taylorj00
    8 years ago
    On shutterfly you can create beautiful canvas's with the pictures you take and they always have different promo codes you can use to save money.
  • jaycreatesart
    8 years ago

The prints done on a canvas material make the picture look more like a painting.

• clari
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Like a family pic? Or scenery ? I'm
  • er612
    8 years ago

Why not hang the picture from your dining room above the sofa? It's free! Just make sure you lower it to just a few inches above the sofa.

• Margo
    8 years ago

One quick observation would be to lower the painting in the dining area. It is way to high;)

• clari
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    It's the last supper so we would like to keep it up in the dining area, and yes I agree w/it being too high husband idea .
  • clari
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Also I can buy new items I just need ideas on what and what colors would coordinate with what I have
  • susan2494
    8 years ago

Your tv console is way to short, You need to get one that is longer. It should be 25% longer than the size of your TV. That would really help that wall. Regarding art over sofa. It needs to cover area in back of sofa 2/3-3/4 the length of sofa back. Because of the drapes being so close to the arms of sofa I would stay in 2/3 range.

• Vicki Denson
    8 years ago

A fun way to get cheap art is make it yourself. Measure your wall and decide what size canvas you need. Check on line for coupons, Micheal's, Joann's, and Hobby Lobby usually have some. Purchase a canvas and a couple tubes of paint that will work in your room. Then have fun smearing paint on the canvas, use a paint brush if you want. You'll have a modern work of art by an unknown artist.

• grapefruit1_ar
    8 years ago

You need end tables and lamps. Overhead lighting is very unflattering. Take your time and wait until you find art that you love or has meaning to you. Visit thrift stores and flea markets. You might find something there.

• susan2494
    8 years ago

Do you have another corner where you can move ladder shelves?

• clari
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    Not in the living room. It doesn't work there ?
  • clari
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    I see what you mean w/tv stand small for TV
  • susan2494
    8 years ago

If you have the correct tv console, I doubt if it will fit in corner anymore. You need an end table and lamp between the sofa and loveseat. And an area rug would be great.

• susan2494
    8 years ago

• clari
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    I like the painting where is it from ? The rug I like too, how big should the area rug be?
  • Betsy Phariss
    8 years ago

I would think something large and round over the sofa. Not necessarily a mirror. Perhaps one of those big clocks. Nothing too busy.

• Betsy Phariss
    8 years ago

Oh, and pictures really should be hung at eye level, unless you are covering a wall with them.

• susan2494
    8 years ago

The rug should be probably a 6x9 it should go under the from legs of the furniture. Measure a couple of inches under the front legs of sofa across the front of loveseat couple of inches beyond, then from that point across the full length of sofa a couple of inches beyond end of sofa. That will give you minimum size you need. You can always go a bit bigger so it extend out into the room more and more of the furniture sits on the rug.

The rug is from overstock.com ITEM# 14753860 in salt and pepper. The picture is from Pier 1 item: 2798061. If you have a local Pier 1 go get it and hang to see how it looks.

• clari
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    @Susan2494 I like that painting image 1 what store is that from? Thanks I will look it up
  • clari
    Original Author
    8 years ago
    I see now the pic is from pier 1 thanks
  • clari
    Original Author
    8 years ago

What about these?

• clari
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Sponsored