Software
Houzz Logo Print
newhouseorbustsc

Granite help

11 years ago

I'm choosing between 3 granites river white, Bianca antico and white ice cabinets will be white linen shaker style and floors will be a dark brown stainless appliances and stainless vault sink. Would like a subtle backsplash maybe white or grey glass subway tiles I'm trying to stay in cooler hues like green/blue grayish with white for the granite please help my brain is ready to explode

Comments (9)

  • 11 years ago

    Someone on here suggested these tiles to use with bianco antico and I searched and found them and they were perfect. Ignore the color boards in front of the island.

  • 11 years ago

    That's really pretty!! Thank you for this suggestion. I'm just nervous as the production builder is not allowing me to pic the slab until the cabinets are ready to go in (they originally weren't letting me pic at all but I fought them in it)!and I have to submit my choice this week of name. White is cheaper but the antico is really pretty

  • 11 years ago

    Oh, I misread. I thought you were looking for a backsplash to go with bianco antico.

  • 11 years ago

    We'll i will I be if I go with Bianca antico. I've seen so many versions of white that look for blue not really white background and I'm afraid they will look "dirty" against the linen white cabinets which are a bright white uggggh this is killing me lol

  • 11 years ago

    White ice looks blueish that should say ...I don't mind it but would prefer more of an Alaskan white that is more like sea glass tint but of course not one of my offered choices

  • 11 years ago

    I guess I need the "safest" white of my 3 choices

  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    Why won't they let you go and look at the slabs before the cabinets are in? Maybe I'm not understanding - you have to tell them which granite you want without actually looking at the slabs first?

    There are so many different looks with every slab with the same name. We are having river white installed the end of next week at boyfriends house. I have been to so many granite yards looking for a subtle stone to go with white cabinets and light hardwood floors.

    After seeing so many stones, river white was not even considered. All the river whites I've seen prior to this particular slab did nothing for me until I saw this one we chose. It was so pretty compared to other river whites I came across. It has a subtle light pattern. It has a lot of white shades with subtle beige and light grey. You really should see them prior to just picking out a name because each and every slab can look so different.

  • 11 years ago

    That was my argument and thankfully I won however I can't pic the slab until the week before the cabinets go in (which will probably be November) so I'm sitting here looking online for now because this Tuesday i have to sign off on selections whether I want to have a choice of Bianca antico, white ice or river white. I currently have Alaskan white in my current house and would love it again but alas not one of their choices. Looking for something that most resembles Alaskan white (white tapes greenish gray hues white and cream)

  • 11 years ago

    Oops taupe not tape