Software
Houzz Logo Print
cyndi_lycan

wall color for 22 yr old daughter's sitting room?

11 years ago

Comments (17)

  • 11 years ago

    My daughter has Aspergers Syndrome and likely will live with us for quite awhile. In our new house we gave her an additional room as a "sitting" room. She loves the painting and furniture but hates the builders Navajo white on the walls; says it's boring. Ideas? (Ignore stuff on settee, please!)

  • 11 years ago

    A fresh apple green would make the red accents really work well.

  • 11 years ago

    Lovely space. What colors does she gravitate towards and what makes her happy? I would create a room that makes her feel good. Are you looking to create a calming space or an invigorating space?

    Blue's are calming

    Victorian House S. East London · More Info


    Orange, red, yellow, etc. are invigorating colors:


    2011 417 Idea Home · More Info

    You can do a combination of both:

    Park Slope Brownstone · More Info


    Going with a really dark color on the walls will create a cozy feeling where she could feel safe:

    Home office · More Info

  • 11 years ago
    I was thinking about picking up a neutral from the painting? I'm attacking a close up
  • 11 years ago
    Also, on the opposite wall is a small chest. The wall above is blank for now since she wants a TV there (hello Christmas present
  • 11 years ago

    She said doesn't like the neutral that is there now. Go with a color. The turquoise suggested above is another color that would work well with the Reds.

  • 11 years ago

    I was matching the chair and chest and forgot about the picture. Here are some colors based on one side of the room. Not sure if they'll work with the picture though. I'll try out more colors in a bit.

  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    I checked the color wheel, seems like you have two complementary colors going on (red orange and bluish green). I would go with any color that is two major shades removed from your primary colors, which are: yellow-orange, red-violet, blue-violet and yellow-green. Choose from those color sub-categories for the best aesthetic. I personally think that the yellow-green family would look the best in your daughter's sitting room.

    Don’t leave your Greens! | patsysmiles.com · More Info

  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    JB Residence - Office 3 · More Info

    Attic Space · More Info
    Our Work · More Info

    Here you can see the orange and blue elements playing off the lime green color in a nice way. The walls don't have to be intense. It could be a subtle, pastel yellow-green color.

    My Houzz: An Antique Cape Cod House Explodes With Color · More Info

  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    BM's Guilford Green might be nice. Calming, warm and complimentary to her various shades and colors.

    Sea Girt Shore Portfolio · More Info

  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    I think Maureen may have nailed it!

  • 11 years ago

    Here is SW Softened Green or Cascade Green on both sides of the room:

    I would paint all walls the same color. PS - your dog is adorable.

  • 11 years ago
    Sorry about all the typos. Maureen, I painted my dining room Guilford green--lol. I love it.
  • 11 years ago
    Er612, I like the shade of green. What program/Ap are you using for the samples in the room?
  • 11 years ago

    My son has that disorder & he likes blues. It calms him. Whatever is your daughter's fave will work.

  • 11 years ago

    I just use Sherwin Williams Visualizer: https://www.sherwin-williams.com/visualizer/#