Software
Houzz Logo Print
janineidream

Help with my 1974 remodel

11 years ago

We are remodeling our whole house which is in the Pacific Northwest on a lake. We face west so we get sun all day (when it's sunny). The ceiling is vaulted. My dIlema is this. I thought I knew that I wanted maple painted white cabinets with a dark espresso island and dark distressed hand scrapped wood floors. The countertops will either be quartz or granite in a light color. I am having second thoughts with the cabinets. Maybe mixing up the dark and light cabinets. White on top, dark on the bottom or white on all but pantry, cabinet under and over cooktop and island which would all be dark. The sink is in the 8' x 5' island. I definitely want shaker style cabinets, but just don't know what color to use for the cabinets. Also need ideas for granite/quartz colors. I don't want to be trendy and want it to look stylish for years to come. Help!! Thanks for all advice. Pictures, name of colors and whatever else you can give is very much appreciated.

Comment (1)