Software
Houzz Logo Print
tamra_lee

SOS Need Fabric Idea Help so much want to stay casual timeless

11 years ago

Comments (25)

  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    I have a pair of those chairs I love the linen look I was afraid to do thought it might look bland but that will give me the casual look I want?

  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    I love linen but if concerned about it looking bland, go with very subdued color (to keep it feeling timeless). You can also use a lovely rolled pillow to give it some pop.

    J. Hirsch Interior Design Portfolio · More Info

    Tamra Lee thanked Maureen
  • 10 years ago

    I love that color I guess I will search for swatches next thank you

  • 10 years ago

    Do you know the name of that fabric?trying to find something affordable Love What you suggested





















  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Not sure why the existing fabric would not be considered classic.

  • 10 years ago

    I think fabric recommendations depend on the current colors of the room in which you plan to place the chair.

    Tamra Lee thanked Elle
  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    Mood Fabrics has some really nice choices and I found a color similar to the chair above and it is suitable for upholstery - it's 100% poly, but looks like linen, But there are lots of other choices in linen. http://www.moodfabrics.com/spa-metallic-silver-solid-linen-lame-hp21897.html

  • 10 years ago

    I kind of like it the way it is.

  • 10 years ago

    if you saw them in person they were not upholstered well and decided I wanted a different fabric after looking at them or a darker animal print might be better

  • 10 years ago

    Tamra, would you be able to post a photo of the area you think it will go in?

  • 10 years ago

    Probably not, and ask an expert, but does this chair lend itself to a design on the bottom seat, and solid on the remainder? Seems a delicate color and pattern both??

    Pizelle Fabric · More Info

  • 10 years ago

    Or this seems pretty:

    Slubby Basket Mineral Blue Grey Fabric · More Info

  • PRO
    10 years ago
    take velvet and fringe. The color depends on your interior, but if you have 2 chairs, they also might be done in different colors. The fringe can be in the same color, or in contrast, or two colored.
  • PRO
    10 years ago
    several examples
  • PRO
    10 years ago
    And in different colors...
  • 10 years ago

    love the fringe idea when they were my great Aunts they had fringe wish I could figure out what would work still looking for swatches I dont know if fringe would be casual classic and beachy


  • 10 years ago

    do you think I could do a pale linen look fabric with some sort of fringe?


  • 10 years ago
    Ok, I am reupholstering some chairs that I scored for free (YAY!!!) and fell in love with this fabric. I like having a print...it shows confidence!
  • 10 years ago

    The name of this site is spoonflower, they everything from the lowest grade cotton to silk, which is rare these days, all is hand created, if you want you can do your own! Sell it and reduce the cost of your own! But this is what I thought of:


    this for the pleated fringe

    Fabric – Shop for Fabric By Independent Designers – Spoonflower · More Info
    this for the top part of the chair
    Fabric – Shop for Fabric By Independent Designers – Spoonflower · More Info
    These are examples, and will make your chair totally unique, as such, it never really goes out of style. Please do not pay attention to colors, if you do not like, because I am not a pink lover, but the concept almost makes me want this.

  • PRO
    10 years ago
    Sear Tamra, I don't think that linen is a good idea for such form of chairs. Linen is not so plastic and may be difficult to go on the round back of the chair.
  • 10 years ago

    All cotton and color of Maureen's? that you liked?

    Slubby Basket Mineral Blue Grey Fabric · More Info

  • 10 years ago

    Just wanted the linen texture look I think and I dont have a room yet moving and plan on keeping everything light and airy natural textures casual ill be needing paint advice as well I like the blue gray


  • 10 years ago

    I have never done such a complicated chair, perhaps you will need more than one type of fabric?

    Tamra Lee thanked havingfun
  • 10 years ago

    Yes just want to get them done no luck on choosing yet